Prince Edward School, 1940/50/60s

I went to Prince Edward from 1946 - 1950.

I remember mr wright he tought myself & my sister sheila.

We also had Mr Brown he also ran the school football team.

I played for the school from 1946 till i left in 1950.

I have a photo of the school team taken in 1948. On the photo his Mr Brown teacher &

headmaster Mr Hanncock he had 1 arm,

Hi there, Harry Hewitt was my brother, who else in the Hewitt family can you remember? Can you remember Joe Malia or the Glossops or Billy Wainwright the Archers, Mr Hancock was the headmaster when I went to school at Prince Edwards, I left in 1954.

i do remember all of them. glossop was in the school football team with me and i

think billy wainwright could have been the goalkeeper but so shore on that.

Tell me more about Harry Hewitt .

best regards Roy.

I went to Prince Edward from 1946 - 1950.

I remember mr wright he tought myself & my sister sheila.

We also had Mr Brown he also ran the school football team.

I played for the school from 1946 till i left in 1950.

I have a photo of the school team taken in 1948. On the photo his Mr Brown teacher &

headmaster Mr Hanncock he had 1 arm,

Thanks for this Roy, you were at school a short while before my husband David, he thinks he may know some on this photo, one lives on our estate. He remembers the Glossops, thinks they were twins, Donald and Kenny, Kenny went onto have a career on the stage as a dancer. David also knew the Hewitts. If you are in touch with anyone else from the next few years in the football team, please ask if they have this next photo. There is a website called picture Sheffield a library project, there are no photos of Prince Edward school football team. I am sure they would like to see it. I phoned the school to see if they have any old photos and it is probable that they were disposed of during alterations, I hope not though.

Hi there, I am Peter Hewitt who knew the Glossops and a whole load of others who went to Prince Edwards aprox 1950 - 1954 I would really appreciate if any one has any photos of that era if they would get in touch with me via Sheffield Forumn. We lived on Windy House Lane. Joe Higgingbottom Kenny Booth.

hello again ,

i have lived in Canada since 1976,but iam still a Sheffielder .

i would love to send this photo of prince edward foot ball team 1948.

But iam new to this not quiet shore how to do it .

They are a couple of names i do not remember. But most i do may get the spelling wrong.

Mr Hancock Mr Brown K Glossop D Street M Montain R Gee D wherem A slingsby

L glover B Wheatly ? Murdock R Sellars.

Does any one remember Dennis Lambert or any of the Lamberts/Hobsons family from Fitzhubert Road. Others from around 1938 onwards are Cartwrights, Reany.Westons and Lonsdales

Appologies for the rammal under my post but my grand son has been using my p.c. Don't want anyone to think I am at all demonic

i do remember all of them. glossop was in the school football team with me and i

think billy wainwright could have been the goalkeeper but so shore on that.

Tell me more about Harry Hewitt .

best regards Roy.

harry married joan,had two kids ,lives out base green way,we used to fish together every weekend until i divorced and moved away from the area, havent seen him for about a year..

Does any one remember Dennis Lambert or any of the Lamberts/Hobsons family from Fitzhubert Road. Others from around 1938 onwards are Cartwrights, Reany.Westons and Lonsdales
the westons, dave was my best man, digger died a few years back sadly

harry married joan,had two kids ,lives out base green way,we used to fish together every weekend until i divorced and moved away from the area, havent seen him for about a year..

Are you sure you mean Harry and not Roger ??

Roger married Joan, had 2 kids, loves fishing and now lives at Basegreen...