Prince Edward School, 1940/50/60s

Pilgrim - Pillywag, never had much to do with her. She taught both my sisters so she'd been there 10 years when we got there.

Miss Veal, loved her, she left to get married and moved to Scunthorpe, will never forget her and her freckly face and smile ahhhh. Mum said I cried when she left.

Mrs Drury, lived round the corner on Ridgeway Crescent, last house on the left at the bottom, had a son at the school, yes that's right.

Mrs Biddulph was Head of infants, Hill had Junior/Middle.

I remember the Billy Smith boot puller, had to be sanded with ever finer sand paper until as smooth as a baby's bum!! hahaha.

Daz, do you remember covering your hands in the paint water at the sink when we had to clear up after painting, you used to love having them all red and blue and then washing it all off under the tap.

Mrs Scammons... my Dad knew her mum... scary!

..amd for Lodgemoorman.. Neville Dell.. father of Martin maybe, who was a year or two above us.. and so I'm told, was/is my 2nd cousin (Martin that is).

Bev Earnshaw, yes.. I think we all liked her, with all that hair. The girls names keep popping into my head randomly as I read these posts. Some I don't want to recall actually...

Rich i dont know how you remember things like the paint on the arms. I dont remember it and it was me doing it!!!

Does anyone remember the temporary teacher Miss Sutton. must have made an impression on me to still remember her. she was only young and very attractive and lads from other classes used to stare at her through the door while lessons were going on. Even at that young age the hormones were kicking in!

In no particular order...Beverley Earnshaw, Kim Clarke, Pat Smith....enough said.

Football in the new gym, with benches as goals so that you had to kick the ball all the way along the ground to score.

And Stephen Highley climbing the ropes to the top then sliding down like a fireman and stripping the skin from his hands.

Playing badminton against Ashleigh in the few months before we were due to leave (and me to go there) and they drank all that blackcurrant juice stuff (thanks Stephen Phillipson!) and then I got in deep **** with Fillingham and had to pay for it.

Paul Stephenson telling a new teacher that his name was Stephenson, promounced Step-han-son when he meant spelled Step-han-son.... and form then on he was Step-han-son!

That play we did which was like a "which is the best monster this is your life", I did some Michael Aspel (shared with Daz I think) Ian Parkin was Dracula, Billy Smith was Dr Jeckyl, or at least some Dr fella with a white coat and a jar of blue liquid, Trev Hague was Frankensteins monster, we held the play in the science labs down the back roadway that led down to Queen Mary Road.

Martin Brown having that funny little bald spot on the back of his head.

Barry Fearn always falling asleep in the last lesson of the day in the infants when we all sat down for a story.

Everyone fighting for the wooden train set in the infants.

We used to keep crayons and things in plastic pots, one of then used to have peanut butter in it and it smelled like, well, nothing I have ever smelled since. I have never ever eaten peanut butter.

The 100 word reading test where the hardest word was "idiosyncrasy".

Having coat hooks with pictures on cos we couldn't read.

There, how's that for more random memories.

my brother keith attended there, he is looking for a friend called john womansley or something like that do you know him

thanks

Paul Kenny moved to Preston last time I heard.. he was still in insurance.

Wonder if I can take the credit for getting him his job in insurance.

Because when he was playing football on the fields with the team after school hours I chucked a stone and by a lucky shot it him on the head:hihi: Teachers pet! Well he was messing around with the smack ruler game on hands and I wacked him one back and he burst into tears. That got me six of the best from the teacher on the hand all because he was a mardy bum.

my brother keith attended there, he is looking for a friend called john womansley or something like that do you know him

thanks

What year did your brother leave Prince Edwards? I guess his mate's name might have been Womersley.

He could try BT directory Enquiries on line

It's free so worth a shot if he has a rough idea of where in the country he may be

hi all my older brothers and sisters attened that school, keith left arround 65/66 i think. thanks for the advice but we have tried that way

eldonsmith i was taught by miss pilgrim in1961 when iwas ten she seemed old to me then i can rember her giving the slipper to anyone who stepped out of line it would never be allowed nowadays what with all this political correctness but it never gdid us any harm and if you went home and told your mum she told you it served you right for not behaving

Something that didn't do me any good was catching Scarlet Fever from a Ladybird Book of Trains. I was allowed to take it home, but the last kid that had it was sick.

When the School found out I was ill, they sent a big van and two blokes in protective clothing came to our door, made my mum pop it in a plastic bag and then they chucked it in the back of the van!

shakespeare i can remember when i was in the infants the toilets used to be in the yard .the end toilet had lagging made of sacking wrapped round the pipes no one would dare go into that toilet it was named the fever toilet and was said if you went into it you would end up with scarlet fever

shakespeare i can remember when i was in the infants the toilets used to be in the yard .the end toilet had lagging made of sacking wrapped round the pipes no one would dare go into that toilet it was named the fever toilet and was said if you went into it you would end up with scarlet fever

Never herd of the loo story before (was there 65 to 71) I remember girls taking boys in the upper yard toilets. Just can't remember what they did to me :huh::hihi: