Prince Edward School, 1940/50/60s

I was there in the 70s. Cant remember the names off all my teachers, but the ones I do remember are Mr Dean, Mr Hibbert, Mrs Drury, Mrs Titman, Miss Goodwin, Miss Chadwick. I think the headmistress of the infants school while I was there was Mrs Harrison, and the headmaster of the junior school was Mr Barron.

We were in houses which were all Welsh Castles. I was in Harlech and was captain along with Kim Clarke who was a babe and who i had a secret crush on!!!

Wasnt Harlech the yellow one? I was in Conway, which was blue, and I think Caernarfon was red and Caerphilly was green.

Well done for remembering how to spell them! I didnt fancy looking them up....You got the colours right, it was strange but the reds always seemed to have the best kids, good at sports, and us in the yellow team always seemed to struggle. Remember sports day being really competitive with the teachers getting fired up as they were all in houses as well. Do you remember the league table in assembly with all the coloured shields. They used to slide your house shield up if you got loads of house points. I have a great photo somewhere with us in the school team from 1971 posing in the hall, wish i could find it!

just noticed that you are a lot younger than me!!! good that they still had houses when you were there. wonder if they still do?

My cousin went there in the late 50's, Joan Hibbert, a very tall blonde.

I was in Harlech and was captain along with Kim Clarke who was a babe and who i had a secret crush on!!!

Ah Kim Clarke... yes quite a babe.

I remember

Boys

Billy Smith, Ian Sharp, David Kiddy, Frank Evans, Ian Highley, Trevor Hague, Daz Winnall, Neil Palmer, Andy Booth, Ian Parkin, Kevin Bloodworth, Tony Lowe.

Girls

Kim Clarke, Pat Smith, Liz Wattam, Julie Fell, Heather Pitt, the Gray triplets, Karen Darwin.

Sure there were lots more.

Still have a couple of old Prince Edward School Magazines, 1963 and 1965. Lots of names already mentioned in them. In 1963 Headteacher Mr Cross, deputy Mrs Pilgrim. Also Mrs Bull, Mrs Bingham, Mrs, Moore, Mrs Slater, Miss Stephenson, Mr Swift, Mrs Webster.

Jill Cocker and Elaine Tilney won the three legged race on sportsday in 1965, Pete Cutler and Geoff Gregory the boys race.

Anyone remember climbing over the wall to get onto the field by the shed in the school yard?

I WENT TO PRINCE EDWARDS IN 70 TO 80.s I LOVED EVERY MINUTE AND BACK THEN IT WAS A VERY GOOD SCHOOL NOT LIKE SCHOOLS TODAY WE WHERE LUCK TO HAVE A LITTLE PUNCH UP NOW YOUR LUCKY NOT TO GET STABED RAPED ROBED OR SHOT WHATS THE WORLD COMIN TO ?

:confused:

I was there in the 70s. Cant remember the names off all my teachers, but the ones I do remember are Mr Dean, Mr Hibbert, Mrs Drury, Mrs Titman, Miss Goodwin, Miss Chadwick. I think the headmistress of the infants school while I was there was Mrs Harrison, and the headmaster of the junior school was Mr Barron.

I REMEMBER ALL THOSE TEACHERS I WENT THERE AT ABOUT THE SAME TIME AS YOU IM NO 34..ish GOD MRS TITMAN LIVED UP TO HER NAME ? MR TREECE ...MRS HUNT ...?

..............Anyone remember climbing over the wall to get onto the field by the shed in the school yard?

Didn't the field have the old air raid shelters underneath? Seem to remember the vent chimneys sticking up through the field. I didn't climb over the wall but I'm sure my brother did on many occasion.

Thats right used to have vents sticking out of the gound as I remember. Quick way to get onto what we used to call pit field, pretty overgrown place at that time.

...........Quick way to get onto what we used to call pit field, pretty overgrown place at that time.

My mother used to tell me not to play on pit field as the huge cracks were brought about with the mining underneath and one day it would all fall in. Didn't believe in her fairy tales so we used to play there anyway especially round the huge mucky pond. What is it like now? Can you still walk from behind the firestation right down to St Teresa's?