Ladies and PMT!

Right girls, how many of you suffer with it? I`m talking full blown, "I`m a b***h and want to hurt people pmt!"

And how do you deal with it?

Or do you not deal with it, and leave your lovely oh at home cowering under a table, and diving for cover?

I`m just curious as since I was sterilised 2 yrs ago, I am a really horrible "thing"(the only word for it), the week before my period.

I will fight any body or anything that tries to blame it on my hormones!

I have made an appointment at the docs to get more prozac as this does turn me into a nice person again, instead of the demented screaming banshee cow that I have become for one week of every month!

Discuss at your own pace, but don`t take too long cos I might just kick off and start spitting my dummy out again.

Guys, this isn`t just for the ladies, your experiences on this may help (if you dare tell us)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think its just an excuse to be horrible (runs and hides)

i've "suffered" from it - for years.

my wife is actually counting down the years to menopause.

she's tried everything and now suffers from clinical hormonal depression.

it's not just one week either, it's the week before 'cos you know how bad it's gonna be,followed by a week of bickering over the moods of the previous week.

I don't think I do but about once a month I will be an absolute b***h to my OH, apologise and he says "It's ok, I will just put up with it for a week" which bugs me even more, but also makes me try to be a little more patient. On a scale of 1-10 I would say I'm about a 6, unless I'm on the pill then I'm a full blown 10! I do get emotional at certain times too, paranoid, tearful. It's bloddy **** being a woman :rant: :rant: :rant::roll:

ive 'suffered' too, from a male perspective. its horrible, why can't you ladies be a bit more considerate of 'our' feelings when its that time.

ive 'suffered' too, from a male perspective. its horrible, why can't you ladies be a bit more considerate of 'our' feelings when its that time.

I think you ought to run away.... fast.... while you still have balls! ;)

I think you ought to run away.... fast.... while you still have balls! ;)

ha ha :hihi: im serious though, its horrible for us men who have to put up with it

i suffer from pmt, i went on the pill when i was 17 to try and control it, it worked pretty well, i came off the pill in my late 20's and it seemed to calm down. Then i got pregnant, i was a b**ch all the way through my pregnancy, a bit like a jekyll and hide, after that my periods were every 3 weeks, the week before and the week during i was a total nightmare, very nasty tempered, so back on the pill i went, when i was 34 the doc told me he was going to take me off the pill as it could cause me to have a stroke with me smoking, since then its back to having a period every 3 weeks, moody and tired the week before and during, tried the implanon implant but that gave me either constant periods or a period every 2 weeks, it also gave me suicidal thoughts, i suppose its just something im going to have to live with until my menopause:mad:

if u asked me i would have said only had pmt for about a day where i just get hot and flustered and EVERYTHING annoys me im ratty and upset!! but if u asked my hubby he would say i never stop suffering! i like to have a bath, and i need to b alone or im horrible!

saying that i have had implanon for the past 3 months and i have been fine!!! no hormones no b**chy rages or being flustered!

I am always a little ray of sunshine! :D;)

I get several debilitating headaches at that time of the month. I'm not bi*chy, but I do feel like bursting into tears for no real reason. :sad: Oh, and I must have chocolate and salt, lots of salt.

I'm evil... truly evil... :evil:

fortunatley i've not really suffered for a few years thanks to various pills and other threatments....