The Sopranos - Season Finale

Totally bottled it. What sort of an ending was that?

Tantalising.

I was disappointed in the ending at the time but the more I think about it the more it grows on me. I'll have to go back and have another look at it.

WOuld you lot give over - I am gonna watch it tonight and I am stuck at work!

I can't see Tony holding off New York. They are a massive force compared to NJ and with the loss of captains Vito, Christopher, Bobby and Syl...not to mention the hitters like Paulie Walnuts and the tension between Paulie and Tony S. The only person left part of the NJ Family is Patsie and he did a runner during Syls shooting!

RIP Tony

What a let down. Worse ending to a series ever?

It just doesn't seem like it has ended, there is no finality to it and in a couple of years I expect it will be back as there are far too many loose ends that need sorting.

Chase certainly played the audience well

Even Steve Van Zandt who plays one of the main characters stated at the weekend that the actors are also unsure if the show has really finished

Great television...BADA BING:thumbsup:

Totally bottled it. What sort of an ending was that?

You didn't miss a thing, awful :mad:

You didn't miss a thing, awful :mad:

But was it though?

I admit I initially reacted with "ey" but as time has gone on I have grown to appreciate it a bit more.

First of all, throughout the final scene I was waiting for what I seemed inevitable and at the time I was dissapointed. So lets go into the debate "Did Tony get whacked?"

Theres been alot on forums allover with conspiracy theories that agrees and disagrees. IMO, He is alive. The tension in the last few minutes had you waiting for it, especially after the manner in with Phil Leotardo was whacked (which was by the way genius because its what all the fans wanted). I also conclude Tony has retired from the business. My justification is that Tony patched things up with his former boss/uncle before he moved on and also visited Syl, who by default is up for promotion if he comes out of the coma. If he doesn't? He gave Paulie Walnuts the construction job which was a massive responsibility. Easing him in perhaps? In addition he makes peace with his daughter who he disagreed with and set his son on a career track and also Carm was looking into designs for the beach house, possible retirement home?

Its been a great programme overall. Like I said, I don't watch much TV so it means something when I can get excited over something but this has been great. The first episode I ever saw fully was Pine Barrens - Where Paulie and Chris did a bodge job on whacking the KGB Soldier and got stuck in the woods :hihi:.

I also conclude Tony has retired from the business

Nah, there have been a couple of episodes where people got whacked for talking about retiring. So I think it's pretty safe to assume it wouldn't be that easy.

Everyone seems to have a different opinion on how it ended, which is exactly my problem with the ending. I just think it's lazy and cheap to finish the way it did after 86(ish) hours. Even if they wanted to leave it open for another series/film (as seems to be the case) they could've done it in a far more imaginative and conclusive way than just blacking out the screen.

The more I think about the ending the more I hate it.

just watched the rest of the sopranos it was a bit slow christopher dying in a car crash was a disapointing way for his character to leave and with bobby and sil being shot to bits then its got the worst ending ever with tony and his family having dinner in a restaurant

just watched the rest of the sopranos it was a bit slow christopher dying in a car crash was a disapointing way for his character to leave and with bobby and sil being shot to bits then its got the worst ending ever with tony and his family having dinner in a restaurant

But lets agree on one thing.

Phil Leotardos death was ace :thumbsup:

But lets agree on one thing.

Phil Leotardos death was ace :thumbsup:

i agree on that