Meynell Road School - 1958 - 64

Oh The shame and to think I was captain of Griffin and I couldn't remember them. You would remember them starting to make the playing field that finished up having 3 levels I think. I certainly remember the yearly rounders match between the junior school and the seniors

A couple of names from 1963 - Nigel Hibbert and Vaughan Londsdale - anyone remember them. Teacher Mr Styan

Vaughan Lonsdale is my cousin, he went onto Chaucer.Vaughan now lives in Thirsk. He knocked about with Jack Price & Billy Robinson (Robbo). Lee webster also I think. Anyone know what happened to them?

Yes he did have a brother George - also sisters Jean, Maureen and Margaret they lived on Doe Royd Crescent. I saw Margaret a few years ago - we were in the same class. She said George was still around - I think he has 4 or 5 kids. Albert isn't too well and still lives in Manchester area.

Remember David Jenkins though he had red hair - anyone remember Mr Williams (Samuel Redfus) he taught maths - I remember the school had a strange layout - classrooms all over the place and we used to have walk down to the bottom for the canteen. I was deputy head girl at one point and helped run the library which was actually run in one of corridors in the top three classrooms.

My mothers family all went to Meynell in the 40's - they were the Foster family, Joan, Beryl, Brian and Tony - when I started years later Mr Fleming remember them. He was always nice to me so perhaps they were well behaved kids!!. I think there used to be air raid shelters on the premises.