Meynell Road School - 1958 - 64

Hi Outdoors, do you mean next to Yvonne on Palgrave Road.Are you Frank Antcliffe and did Raymond Phillips live next door?

Edited by Doreen Mac

I used to knock around with Ray

---------- Post added 05-03-2018 at 17:46 ----------

I have a photo of Jean Wardlow with a colleague of the school in Essex where she went on to work. Also a member of staff from Meynell I think is mr Halliday but I’m not sure. Is there any way of posting pictures on here?

---------- Post added 05-03-2018 at 20:22 ----------

I mistakenly said in an earlier post that Jean Wardlow had died of breast cancer it in fact was pancreatic cancer. Apologies for my stupid mistake

---------- Post added 05-03-2018 at 22:38 ----------

Redted. Can you get back in touch

Right first time Doreen, but Ray lived next door but one. He would sometimesa be seen with a bird on his arm, usually a kestrel.I think he predated Billy Casper by nearly ten years.

Hi Outdoors, are you keeping well? Do you remember Elaine & Shirley Millward, lived across from your back garden, Linda Oxley and Andrea Watkinson. Do you see anyone from school?

Hi all. During my time at Meynell I was a member of the cross country team unfortunately I do not have any photographs of this time a I do you know that there was photographs taken whilst I was a member does anyone out there have one I could have a copy of.

Thanks. Chris Nadin

Yes Doreen, I remember you all. But Iv'e only ever seen Linda on the very odd occasion down Hillsborough.Iv'e spoken to Elaine but only on a facebook local history site.

Hi again Frank, of you see Linda again, can you get me her telephone number, would like to see her again. What social media site did you see Elaine on? I was in touch with Andrea on friends reunited, she lives down in Midlands

Any information gladly received. What area do you live in now Frank?

My dad went in the 40s Joe and Jim Hirst

Hi all. During my time at Meynell I was a member of the cross country team unfortunately I do not have any photographs of this time a I do you know that there was photographs taken whilst I was a member does anyone out there have one I could have a copy of.

Thanks. Chris Nadin

I remember a lad called Melluish used to run cross country at Meynell Chris,a tall gangly kid.

---------- Post added 22-03-2018 at 22:25 ----------

I remember George Weldon, he was in same class as me. Other classmates were David Hetherington, Steven Butler, but I would like to contact Valerie Smith, Elaine Hibbert, Mary Fletcher and Elaine Sanby. Anyone help?

Val Smith married Ted Brown,also from Meynell,I worked with Ted a few years ago,They live on Cookson Rd or Avisford,not sure which,I always get them mixed up.

---------- Post added 22-03-2018 at 22:33 ----------

If you lived near Lynn you may also remember Margaret Mitchell, a couple of doors away, or Dennis Bullas across road?. My other classmates at school were Elaine Worne, Denise Peacock, David Hetherington, Billy Kenny, Steven Butler just to name a few. Has there been any reunions?

They were a year above me.

---------- Post added 22-03-2018 at 22:40 ----------

I remember these but they were a year older, Michael Bemrose was in same class as me, I also new Yvonne Wood & Linda Oxley, but I know Yvonne died in here 20/30s. Very sad. Anyway if anyone remembers me (Doreen Mackenzie) lived on Palgrave Road, leave message on this site and I will reply with my contact number. Greetings to you all.

---------- Post added 26-02-2018 at 20:18 ----------

Can you possibly get me a contact number for Valerie or Barbara Smith? I was a close friend to Valerie at school, I have been trying to contact old school friends.

---------- Post added 28-02-2018 at 12:29 ----------

Is there anybody out there. Don't be shy. Won't bite you too �� hard!!!

I live on Shiregreen no and Barbara came in Bellhouse WMC a few times so she could quite possibly live round herebut the club has gone now so its probably 5 or 6 years since I last saw her.What is your maiden name,if I happen to bump into her?

My maiden name is Mackenzie, I lived at 40 Palgrave Rd, in same class as Valerie. Hope you see Barbara again

That’s weird. I was born at number 42

Chris Nadin

Just been having another look at the site. I think that the houses in the mid 50s onwards were DRAKE (RED) RALEIGH (GREEN) NELSON(BLUE) AND GRENVILLE(YELLOW). If you turned the to the back of the paintings the houses prior to this were CHURCHILL, ROOSEVELT, STALIN AND CHANG H'I CHEK

I cant remember the colours of these.