Meynell Road School - 1958 - 64

I am behind you next to Linda Rodgers. My name Susan Hibbert, I am told I was very quiet and not very rememberable!!!

Last time I had contact with Linda Burrows was about 5 yeas ago and she was living in the Regents Flats on Bradfield Road.

What have you been doing since leaving school?

Hi Susan yes l do remember you l think you were quiet friendly to wards people , lots of years to go through , l have 3daughters , 2 grandsons who take a lot of my time but l enjoy that , what about you how have you got on

Hi Diane - sent you a private message

Hi sue you certainly been away from sheffield for some time ,but it is lovely down where you are and lsuppose you don't really miss this place ,sorry l have only just come onto this site so can't send private message yet ,l know what you mean about moving and everything going off around ,l am just packing boxes and trips to the charity shop getting rid of things l don't really want to ,but it is lovely to get in touch after all these years l won't say how many Diane

I am trying to contact an old friend from Meynell Rd school 1960/1963, he lived on Buchanan Rd Parson Cross and used to be a bit of a rogue. He had a few sisters all at the same school. Any help would be appreciated.

Better give us his name then Ethan.2828.

Hello to all you "Meynell Maniacs" out there. I should imagine you are scattered far and wide? Silly nutter Chris nadin here. Hope you are all well, personally I am gradually falling to bits, lol. I don`t see many of the Meynell folk these days although I have never moved far.Southey Green. It would be nice to hear from anyone out there that remember me? I left Meynell at 14 when it closed and transferred to Chaucer (chaucer chuffs) and did very little for the year that I spent there (apart from get into trouble). I often wonder what happened to everyone, especially the teachers that didn`t go on to Chaucer. As I understand it there where some that emigrated? Madman Sports?PE teacher Mick Garbutt I wonder where he ended up? I think some teachers went to Canada.Hope to hear from some of you. bye

What a plonker!! my friends name was John Jubb and my name is Harry Gillott

the guys that I can remember are Mick Hawley, Earnest Hattersley, Jeffrey Rook, Barbara Pilkington, to name but a few. I have lived in the south of Sheffield for over 40 years so I have never really seen anyone.

Just wondered if there were any reunion groups.

There are very few on social media Chris.The only ones i have on facebook are Norman Knight,Albert Diver,Alan Brunt(blinks),Jacqui Davies,Terry Howell and Tony Deakin(Micks older brother)

Hi again Ted. Some of these I come across occasionally, Albert lives up the road from me, Norman a couple of times and of course you on here. It makes you think though, where are they all? I suppose we would walk past most in the street and not recognise any more, old age does that to us I suppose. I don't use Facebook it can cause trouble as I have found out in the past.

Did'nt Albert Quixall of Sheffield Wennesday, Manchester United and England soccer fame go to that school?
yes he did go there with my Aunt Pat Harrison we all lived on Doe Royd Cresent in the 40's and 50's I went to the school around 1955 to 1956 when we moved to Heeley then on to the Gleadless Valley wow such memories

Did'nt Albert Quixall of Sheffield Wennesday, Manchester United and England soccer fame go to that school?

So strange you mention the Quixalls, went to the dentists today, one of the receptionists there (Halifax Rd) is married to a direct descendant.