Sheffield United Relegation / Appeal Megathread

Owls fans: Do you support United in their quest for reinstatement?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Owls fans: Do you support United in their quest for reinstatement?

• Yes
    • No

Yes I understand your point Patchy, but where would the likes of Beckham,Owen,Cole,Rooney,Ronaldo & all the other under 20s at the time,would be if there managers had not taken the risk & played them,I would give some of the reserves a chance in preseason to see how they cope,it cannot hurt if we have the squad we have at the moment.I think Warnock has done a good job at stabalising us ,but no offence to the guy or his supporters but there come's a time when a change is needed.UP THE BLADES

There's a very interesting quote in this month's Sky TV magazine. Dave Jones, the ex-Wolves manager, on the play-off final, where they stuffed us: "I felt that Sheffield United had come to enjoy the day, whereas we had come to win the match.

"There was absolutely no way we were going to lose that match."

Further to some earlier posts, including my own, that the board are content to be 'chasing for promotion' (as opposed to being promoted with the subsequent worries of having to actually spend some money and yet happy to do well in cup competitions as a source or revenue), well, this comment certainly makes me wonder.

Indeed: Where has all the money gone? (Pension schemes perhaps?)

I feel Neil has taken us fas as is possible,and that its time for him to let someone else have a go.

I think we all have to thank him for all the hard work he has given to the club and to remember where we were when he came in.

Its such a shame this season looks like going the same as the rest,we have to face the fact we are not good enough.

I dont want to hear any excuses about injuries and what have you as the same can be said for the rest.

Time to go Neil.:thumbsup:

I'm a wednesday supporter and its been great seeing warnock very nearly for the last few years nearly get united in premiership. I personally think that united do need a new manager as warnock always falls slightly short each year in actually achieving something and they need someone who can give them that extra little shove. UP THE OWLS

Neil Warnock is Sheffield United. Should all managers who don't win promotion after a given period be sacked. It would be like musical chairs. Be realistic united are doing really well we might get there. We might not. I'll still be there next season will you?

P.S have met Mr Warnock briefly he seems a very solid bloke lets get behind him !!!!!

Up The Blades

Warnock has been at the Lane for nearly 6 years & has done a incredible job with the resources he has had to use,but there comes a time when clubs need a new manager to refresh the team & push us that little further to get us in the top league.I think Warnock's tactics at times have been poor,when we play any team from 12th to the bottom of the league we have struggled to win.If he is given more money to buy new players,will he spend the money on strikers because he seems to think the more we have the better.Anyway West Ham lost I am praying that Reading get pasted by Wolves & we beat Millwall then we might just have the chance of the playoffs fingers X .UP THE BLADES

i think warnock,s brilliant up the owls!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Neil Warnock should stay for another season.

Elland Road was less than a month ago and you don't become a bad manager in that time!

The club is in a much better state than the one he took over and there has been no moaning about the board or lack of money and there have been no players sold behind his back.

He is a great motivator and just needs to review his tactics.

Kevin Blackwell is missed as much as Michael Brown, but McCall has hopefully learned from this season. We can do a Birmingham and make the premiership next season.

I was not happy when Warnock was subjected to the verbal abuse towards the end of the Milwall game. The team performance got even worse and there was no way we were going to score to that soundtrack.

I stayed to applaud him when he came on the pitch at the end. Not for this performance, but as it may be his last time we see him at the Lane; for the great highs his team has given me.

Hi Boblade,I don't think anyone thinks that Warnock is a bad manager but to me he is in the Keegan list of managers who have no coaching talent ,but he is like Keegan a great motivator & same as Bassett.But moitvation alone does not make a great team,look at Man City since Pearce has been in charge,what a fantastic job he has done to take them to the middle table safety.Dowie is another a great motivator but he has decent coaching staff behind him.We never replaced Blackwell who has done a remarkable job at Leeds.McCall is still an apprentice who is learning the job.I hope we get sorted out for next season seeing as Jags & Tonge have pledged to stay with the club & the board allow Warnock or whoever to get the players in to give us that final push to get in the top league.UP THE BLADES

Local radio have just reported that Sheffield uniturd have given Portsmouth permission to talk to warnock. They will also be discussing compensation. A unturd official reported that it looks unlikely that warnock will be in charge for the derby match.

Argh bugger.

If Warnock leaves then that'll be a good thing for United.

I'm sure many united fans would agree with me.

Originally posted by stevie1957

Local radio have just reported that Sheffield uniturd have given Portsmouth permission to talk to warnock. They will also be discussing compensation. A unturd official reported that it looks unlikely that warnock will be in charge for the derby match.

Uniturd....:hihi:

I suspect he will go after the weekend match with Sheffield Wednesday - he certainly was on TV earlier this week saying he would definately be around for the weekend game but was not committing himself further than that!!