Sheffield United Relegation / Appeal Megathread

Owls fans: Do you support United in their quest for reinstatement?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Owls fans: Do you support United in their quest for reinstatement?

• Yes
    • No

Originally posted by tosh13

Ipswich a big club never,David Unsworth has to go back to his club because they cannot afford him & Sunderland may have a great stadium & big crowds but they have never had a lot of money ,that is why they picked Mick McCarthy to be manager because he is like Warnock & Bassett & so is Joe Royle old school wheeler dealers.I like to think Utd are in the same bracket as the above teams & I think we are certainly bigger than Wigan.UP THE BLADES

You maybe bigger than wigan, however, they are loaded and as chelsea and blackburn has shown in the past, money is everything.

Originally posted by Patchy

For a team our size we are doing well to have ended up near the play-offs for another season. We are not as big as Sunderland or Ipswich. At least if Warnock stays we can probably look forward to aiming for the play-offs (or hopefully a top 2) next season. If he goes, I think we are likely to do badly. Sack him next season if we do really badly, not now when we are 8th in the table.

With all due respect Patchy, it's always 'next season' isn't it?

And why wait till it all comes of the rails again next season before we remove Warnock? A clean break is best, in the summer allowing a new manager and hopefully some new faces plenty of time to get it together.

And a lowering of the admission prices would seem a sensible move (but I'm not holding my breath. The team needs to be playing infront of bigger crowds every week).

Originally posted by tosh13

Ipswich a big club never,David Unsworth has to go back to his club because they cannot afford him & Sunderland may have a great stadium & big crowds but they have never had a lot of money ,that is why they picked Mick McCarthy to be manager because he is like Warnock & Bassett & so is Joe Royle old school wheeler dealers.I like to think Utd are in the same bracket as the above teams & I think we are certainly bigger than Wigan.UP THE BLADES

Both Ipswich and Sunderland have spent far more than United.

I agree we need some new ideas.

I'd like to give Dave Penney from Donny Rovers a try.

He who burns down bridge must first build another or how will he cross river

(old Sheffield proverb)

Originally posted by Agent ****

Both Ipswich and Sunderland have spent far more than United.

Yes because their chairmen want to get into the Premiere League not play safe every season,Utd have seen 2 semi finals League & FA Cup & gone to Cardiff in the final,played Arsenal twice ,even Warnock admitted we have got quite a lot of money from the matches,where is it???.Buying £50.000 players is no way to get us promoted,we should have gone for Mellor & Stead 2 quaulity players,but we go back to the old supporters favourite excuse we have no money.I remember Birmingham,Sunderland,Middlesbro,Fulham,Blackburn. But they got the backing & look where they are today,better off.As I said the fans deserve better & I wish we could stop using excuses & go & buy the players we need to get into the Premiere league.UP THE BLADES

I'm fed up with the "oh well, next season" mentality. It has been getting gradually worse. The standard of football played if appauling. The crowds are slowly sinking. Any decent players will be quickly leaving.

If we keep Warnock in charge we'll have another decent cup run and finish mid table next year. Players will leave for next to nothing.

I was talking to my dad today and he commented on how well Derby were doing. Derby have a good manager and have bought good free foreign signings in.

Warnock cannot deal with foreign players and so instead of Polish Internationals we get 30+ hasbeens from lower leagues.

I agree that the board are rubbish. I'm still waiting for an explanation on where all our money goes.

we need to give young players a chance. We need to get the ball on the floor and play football.

You've picked examples of teams who gambled and it paid off.

You fail to mention the teams who gambled with money and it didn't pay off.

Leeds United

Sheffield Wednesday

Bradford City

To name but a few.

Look at the state they're in now. For every success there's a catastrophic failure.

I totally agree with you Robbie,why do the other teams seem to get better free transfers than us,like you said Warnock does not like foreign players look at the Italian lad he went on about him being a great defender & what does he do send him to Boston on a free transfer???. & as for Wigan having millions Paul Jewell has spent £1m all season, he has like I said earlier wheeler dealed in the transfer market & got some decent players for next to nothing.All we seem to get is has beens or in Wards case never been.We have some decent kids in the reserves why not give them a go in pre season.We need another Mitch Ward & Carl Bradshaw type players they gave all to the club & so did Dane Whitehouse.Anyway keeping fingers X for this afternoon but is it going to be another bottom of the league club beating us or drawing.UP THE BLADES

its not just foreign players. We hardly ever get good Premiership loan players

Well season over, again we play poorly Warnock puts Johnston on with little over 10 minutes to go,Thirwell not in match,Kenny lumping the ball to Chamberlin,it was like the Forest match without a goal,since we beat Leeds & QPR our season has just gone down the pan,what is up with Warnocks tactics,I think he has done a cracking job over the last few years but time has come for a change.West Ham drew & Reading lost what a chance to get in there but true too form we blow it again at the last hurdle,I know we could still get in the playoffs if Millwall & Wolves play dead & West Ham play as poor as today & Reading just fall apart,but I cannot see it happening,Wolves will kill us dead as the man said & Millwall will kick us all over the park.Dissapointed Blades fan again.

"lets put as many strikers on the pitch as possible because I have no other clue or tactical knowledge" Warnock school of football.

simple Neil.

You cannot score unless you have a chance created for you. no one can create chances. Therefore we don't score.

It worked for one season when we got in 2 semis and a play off final because we were very lucky and had a target man.