Ringinglow Raves?

TBH my experience of these outdoor events is limited, my brother used to drag me along. He stopped as I was the curse of the event as practically every time I went along they were raided! :hihi:

However, I found them to be lovely affairs, lots of happy smiling faces dancing away, talking around fires (which were always put out properly) and they even did a litter pick in the morning. I met some very interesting people from all walks of life there.

Anyone know an info about the Raves up in the Woods past Ringinglow Road? Ive heard that about 200+ people go? Anyone been or know anything about it? :huh:

Five0, a quick peruse of your other posts (e.g. http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=2227798#post2227798)

shows you are a police officer. So why do you want to know??!

exactly, in my experience police will often try and stop a party happening by collaring the folk as they set it up but they'd be fools and they know it if they tried to shut down a party in full swing unless it is very poorly attended. Once a party is up and running I've rarely seen the police do anything other than ask (usually pointlessly) for the music to be turned down and sometimes ask (often less pointlessly) for us to take our litter home with us.

I know it does happen sometimes but the only times I've seen a party shut down has been the morning after when the police know it won't be so hard to get every one to leave

while the EGT photograph and film and get faces on camera...

Five0, a quick peruse of your other posts (e.g. http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=2227798#post2227798)

shows you are a police officer. So why do you want to know??!

We know FiveO is a police officer, (the username is a bit of a giveaway) maybe he fancies a free party :hihi: :hihi: its not unheard of. :P

Don't you know that this is how Police gather their info these days? We can't expect the poor souls to be plodding the streets doing proper policing now can we?

@ Five0,

If you want to attend one of these raves dial the rave hotline 0891 505050 and ask for a man named Ivor Biggun.

Maybe he's just after some outdoor dancing action - even police like to have a good time every now & again...

The outdoor parties around sheffield tend to be trouble free, out of the way and all the litter gets picked up the next morning by the organisers. The Police are generally quite pragmatic about them and as long as there's no bother or complaints - rightly prioritise their time dealing with argy bargy in town or criminal activity - rather than a few hippies having an outdoor party...

Some of the best dancers I know are cops! :headbang:

I did attend a party in manchester, where when the police turned up they were really friendly and turned there flashy lights on and danced for us, was quite surreal but very sweet :hihi:

haha that's ace :D. I think you'll be doing well to get info about the raves as a PO :/

Ive been to 2 free parties up in ringinglow woods and both got raided by mr Five0, good while they lasted but theres always someone wanting to spoil the fun :)

last one i went to was at the summer solstice 2 years ago.

God tell me about it! Used to rave weekendly in Norfolk. Seen coppers dancing on numerous occasions, like really going for it.. also seen the farmers bringing beers and smokes out when the party's going!

One of my fondest rave memories was when the police turned up to a multi-rigger, surrounded the rig and started dancing while awaiting instructions from the chopper hovering above.

*sigh*