History of Atterclffe Liberal Club

tha knows all pubs thee surprised tha wernt in it while it wer pulled down

if you recall sue after pub came down we used to take emmy over to hallcar with us.Charlie had passed away then.

if you recall sue after pub came down we used to take emmy over to hallcar with us.Charlie had passed away then.

yes i can remember that, u ok?

...You sound like my dads age maybe (perhaps a little younger). Steven Knowles? Perhaps people remember Stuart or Linda Knowles too?

Please see my previous post about William Knowles (President in 1975).

Anyone got any photos?

I can see all the names you speak of in the Printed copy of the annual general meeting of 1975.

Scott

Knowlsey,

If your mothers name is Diane then I'm an old mate of your mam & dads. Your dad lived round the corner from me on colleridge Road and your mam was my cousins best mate at one time. I occasionally went to the Libs with them and if my memory serves me well they won the jackpot on the bingo one Christmas, about 100 quid, which made for a very merry Christmas that year.

Hi Knowlsey,would the c.smith on your commitee list be charlie smith who later became steward with his wife emmy/emily.then moved to the Who Can Tell at grimesthorpe.

Hi there, sorry for the delay in response... I spoke to a few of my family. No not Charlie he was there before... It was Walt and Lily when my grandad was there.... see some later posts I am about to reply too... Someone hit the nail on the head later on ;)

Remember Charlie & Emily Smith, have some pics of them (& others including my grandad) taken in the club. Will ferret through my nans old photos .............. Can also remember Walt & Lily as stewards. Lily made my wedding cake in 77 :D

Just a thought, am sure Charlie Smith was steward way before 1975 ............

Yup Walt and Lily at around 1975... My dad just said they put on a buffy for my mum and dads wedding!! ha ha... They obviously had been very helpful around that time!

...keep reading my replies further down... some one got even closer!....

Knowlsey,

If your mothers name is Diane then I'm an old mate of your mam & dads. Your dad lived round the corner from me on colleridge Road and your mam was my cousins best mate at one time. I occasionally went to the Libs with them and if my memory serves me well they won the jackpot on the bingo one Christmas, about 100 quid, which made for a very merry Christmas that year.

....and you hit the nail on the head WOW... yep my mum is called Diane. Just spoke to my dad (steven).

He knew Colleridge Road very well number 78 with is family (William being the head of the house at that time).

AND yes, my dad is laughing away as he remembers winning the jackpot... mick ellywell (spelling?) and David Hurst won it with them too he thinks. David works with my dad to this day!!

He really wants to know who you are but I apprieciate you may not want to give your name away. You moved to Australia??!!

Do you have any photos from back then with you lot in them? Can you scan/email ?

Wow.... small small world

Re:- C.Smith. I Knew a Charlie Smith who worked at Brown Bayleys in the sixties and seventies. His wife owned (or ran) a shop opposite Brown Bayleys, where they sold sandwiches, cigs , sweets etc,. I think that Charlie and his missus lived above the shop which was just around the corner from the Liberal club. The Charlie Smith I knew went in the club so it could have been him on the committee. Just a thought!