Royal Plaza - whats your opinion?

whats the security like i've heard noise could be a problem.

anybody live there and can give opinions or maybe knows somebody who has had experience of it.

thanks

One of my friends lives there and they're very penthousey; they have *everything*. Apparently it's noisy on Friday&Saturday nights if you're on the first floor on the side facing West Street. But he says that you drown out the noise after a while- and besides there are many other floors you could live on! It seems like perfect place to live - if you can afford to do so...

thanks for the reply

do they employ cleaners for the communal areas ? whats the repair timeframe like lifts etc ? sorry for the quick fire questions i'd appreciate any advice

thanks

He says yes to cleaners and that they're getting better with repairs - within the week usually but that there's usually no need to call them out :thumbsup:

I lived there for 9 months on the 6th floor, facing away from West Street, and I still got disturbed from noise on a Friday and Saturday, especially in the summer when you had to have the windows open. The binmen were also insanely noisey! As for security, it seemed good, but my car was broken into and the thief managed to miss getting caught by the CCTV.

All in all, not a very good experience!

hmmm i'm still considering it

its ideal with it being town centre my only problems is noise.

no car so car park security won't be a problem for me.

anybody have any other positive comments to make ?

my friend lives there and loves living near to all the local amenities. Only negativity can be the noise.

The noise isnt that bad...Its quite loud on friday and saturday nights..which isnt surprising...I think its a great place to live..

Cleaners are good and friendly..Stuff gets repaired pretty quickly..Security is ok..Ive never had any troubles..There was a problem a while back with strangers getting in and hanging about but i think thats been solved by security.

hey...

i lived in royal plaza, for some time in a flat that overlooked west street, and for some time in a flat that looked onto the internal communal gardens.

when living in the flat overlooking west street, there was the noise, but i got used to it. when the windows were closed, there was very little noise.

when living in the flat looking onto the internal gardens, there was almost no noise!! very very peaceful, apart from the occasional thus as people threw their garbage down the garbage chutes..(obviously not an issue the higher up you live...

royal plaza is absolutely lovely a place to live in goldenballs.i have lived in the place for four and a half years and its probably the only apartment block to have rooms like you would find in the old houses,large and spacious.

i have seen the place evolve from the crap management company that we had to Fairways who I must admit do a splendid job of maintaining the place and keeping it clean.

about the noise,all those that moan should understand one very important thing,the luxury of living in the city centre doesnt come without its disadvantages.you should move in only if you are prepared to drown out the noise and the bustle or drunks on friday and saturday nights.for me it makes an amazing people watching experience.obviously the higher you are in the apartment block the lower is the noise.

finally its with a very heavy heart that I will b leaving Royal Plaza,I have throughly enjoyed my experience of living here.Its the ideal place to live for young single men and women and couples!

P.

If you want somewhere in central Sheffield which has quality, style, character, space, tranquility, views, low rise/low density, great community spirit, several excellent pubs, and of course free parking then Brooklyn Works is the place in the Kelham Island Quarter.

As one of the first refurbished Industrial buildings it was well thought out providing low rise and low density housing along the river set around an attractive and well used grassed BBQ area/courtyard. There really is no where like it.

It was one of the few places along the river NOT affected by the recent floods.