Sign in to follow this  

Tasty Ales??

Easily the Rutland in town, it's permanently got seven different ales on, great snap, and a lovely beer garden.

Dev cat? Might be alright if it

A) had an atmosphere

B) They cleaned there lines occassionally

C) The staff actually knew what they served.

Dev Cat has always seemed to be a pub for people that don't like to go to pubs. Soulless.

well theres a few eye openers bout the cat for me

Dev cat is great for daytime or after work drinking but is pretty horrendous on fri or sat nights, some of the staff know there beers but not all, think you find the weekend staff aren't as knowledgable as the rest

If I was in there on a weekend, i may as well retire from having fun and sit in a field eating sheep dung.

:)

Originally posted by Longcol

KIT is OK if you like a head on your beer that disappears after a couple of sups.

Like a lot of beer exhibition pubs it's easy to get a pint that's been stood in the pipes for an hour or so.

IMHO more of a beer anoraks pub than a beer drinkers pub.

And the Cask and Cutler is one of the loppiest boozers I've seen in ages.

The beer flies out of the Kelham pumps, its never in there for hours. I agree it attracts (like most of the pubs in the area) 'Beer Tickers' and while not being my favourite boozer it is recognised as serving the best Real Ale in Yorkshire!

Originally posted by Freebird

We Went In The Cask & Cutler Once.Didn't Like The Attitude Of The Barman Who Served Us.Big Fella He Was,Had A Towel Over His Shoulder.Got All Snotty When My Mate Innocently Ask For A JD & Coke For His Wife.

Never Been Back Since.It's About Time They Got A New Sign Though,It Looks A Right Mess.

You obviously hit Happy Hour :hihi:

Originally posted by Meaks

The beer flies out of the Kelham pumps, its never in there for hours. I agree it attracts (like most of the pubs in the area) 'Beer Tickers' and while not being my favourite boozer it is recognised as serving the best Real Ale in Yorkshire!

Have to agree, I hadn't been since it opened but i've been in twice in the last month, had some cracking beer both times. Trev and Louis have done a cracking job.

On the subject of ale, anyone know of anywhere in this area which serves Brains SA (or any other Brains tipple) regularly or has it/is having it soon as a guest?

Originally posted by gruff

On the subject of ale, anyone know of anywhere in this area which serves Brains SA (or any other Brains tipple) regularly or has it/is having it soon as a guest?

They had it two weeks ago at The Swim Inn (Wetherspoons on West Street) - my mate from Cardiff was impressed. Not much use to you now I know. :|

thanks for the info, meaks.

I always seem to miss it by about two weeks!

guess i'll have to keep on searching.

Originally posted by Meaks

When I've been in (midweek) my eyes must have been deceiving me then - I must have missed the place all the crowds were hiding, and somehow avoided the crush at the bar.

On the subject of tasty ales, - is it still possible to buy real Draught Bass ? The 10 o'clock oblivion we used to sup in the 50s and 60s :)

Haven't been in a pub for a couple of years now but might venture out again for a glass ot two of DB.