The Fullwood Inn Glossop Road. Bad food, bad service, bad attitude.

Went for lunch at this place today with our 4 and 5 year old. The place is huge, massive dining room and bar area, there were only about 5 other people in. We sat there wondering why, it has a great kids menu, is in a good location on Ranmoor road ect. We ordered food and got drinks all fine.

The kids were playing under the table, one popped up with a chunk of bubble gum the other with a bag of make up, I looked under the table it was filthy, old food, toothpicks, napkins and a comb.

Food came out, my tuna melt was burnt roung edges but i was fine with that. One of the kids meals came out, a chicken roast which was supposed to come with fresh vedge and new potatoes and gravy. A chunk of chicken a yorkshire pudding on a plate of baked beans!!

I send it back, our other lad had sausage with beans and mash, the mash was grey/brown it just didn't look right. My partner picked up his chicken wrap, the plate was wet through so soggy wrap errrkkk I went up to the bar no one to be seem, I waited and shouted 'hello' a few times and waited, the young waiter eventually came out, I told him the plate was wet and wrap was wet through. He took it off me and walked back to the kitchen. He them came back out and said' the manager says you don't have to pay for it' then turned round and walked off!!!!!! He was gone what does that mean?? Is my son going to get his chicken diner and my bloke another wrap??? we waited, my sons chicken dinner came out, chicken yorkshire peas and gravy, with deep fried roast potatoes ( that were cold and hard in the middle) nice, I asked the waiter if a chicken wrap was coming 'no he said the manager said just don't pay for it' pay for what my partner hadn't even had a bite the soggy wrap had fallen apart!!?? I did try and have a word with the barman and express my dissapointment, he wasn't at all interested. We just got the hell out of there asap, no wonder the place is empty we won't go again what a shame though, such a nice building. :rant: :rant: :rant:

That is a real shame. Not been for ages and that was on our list to try out when our families next came to visit. Will cross it off the list.

I would have been fuming.

Customer service - where has it gone to?

It is a real shame as there arn't that many family friendly places in sheffield, the whole attitude was so slack and what does it take to clean a place especially when you are trying to attract families with kids.

Is it fullwood inn hotel?

Having a drink on the seats outside last year, I saw a rat scuttling around and then go inside:o I dread to think what their kitchen is like:gag:

To the best of my knowledge the pub has been put in temporary hands, to someone who IMO is way too young to manage such a demanding place. The last manager left a couple of months ago and I've only been in once since and that was enough to say I shan't return until it is placed in good hands.

I believe Marstons are trying to buy the pub back (from Thwaites) or something in that order and that in due course a new, experienced manager will be running the place.

(During my last visit, the tomato 'soup' could be eaten using a fork.)

Having a drink on the seats outside last year, I saw a rat scuttling around and then go inside:o I dread to think what their kitchen is like:gag:

there kitchen is nice i can testify to this

the quality of the food is the kitchen staffs area and clearly the staff they have at present dont seem to have much pride in their work. i am a chef and take an amazing amount of pride in what i make and what i send out to the customers, i see it as a reflection of myself.

Yes I think it is a hotel ,the resturant is cinnemans restuart at the fullwood inn

Nah, Fullwood in Sheffield :hihi:

ye i've been there too recently and the food was disgusting, the chips said they were home made they were gross coudnt eat it eugrgh

I went a few months ago - it was lovely, good food etc. However, I went recently - unaware of the change of hands - and could not believe the difference. Staff attitute was rubbish - when I could finally locate them that is. The food was unbelievable - unbelievably bad that is. I had deliberately taken my little ones thinking it was child friendly but had to send their plates back as what we got didn't resemble what we had ordered in any way which distressed them out no end. When I tried to politely point this out to staff they tried to blame it on me! Won't be returning in a hurry - if ever.

Went for lunch at this place today with our 4 and 5 year old. The place is huge, massive dining room and bar area, there were only about 5 other people in. We sat there wondering why, it has a great kids menu, is in a good location on Ranmoor road ect. We ordered food and got drinks all fine.

The kids were playing under the table, one popped up with a chunk of bubble gum the other with a bag of make up, I looked under the table it was filthy, old food, toothpicks, napkins and a comb.

Food came out, my tuna melt was burnt roung edges but i was fine with that. One of the kids meals came out, a chicken roast which was supposed to come with fresh vedge and new potatoes and gravy. A chunk of chicken a yorkshire pudding on a plate of baked beans!!

I send it back, our other lad had sausage with beans and mash, the mash was grey/brown it just didn't look right. My partner picked up his chicken wrap, the plate was wet through so soggy wrap errrkkk I went up to the bar no one to be seem, I waited and shouted 'hello' a few times and waited, the young waiter eventually came out, I told him the plate was wet and wrap was wet through. He took it off me and walked back to the kitchen. He them came back out and said' the manager says you don't have to pay for it' then turned round and walked off!!!!!! He was gone what does that mean?? Is my son going to get his chicken diner and my bloke another wrap??? we waited, my sons chicken dinner came out, chicken yorkshire peas and gravy, with deep fried roast potatoes ( that were cold and hard in the middle) nice, I asked the waiter if a chicken wrap was coming 'no he said the manager said just don't pay for it' pay for what my partner hadn't even had a bite the soggy wrap had fallen apart!!?? I did try and have a word with the barman and express my dissapointment, he wasn't at all interested. We just got the hell out of there asap, no wonder the place is empty we won't go again what a shame though, such a nice building. :rant: :rant: :rant:

Glad I was not there when your kids were playing under the table! A pub should be a pub not a kindergarten..............Thats probably why it was empty because they are trying to embrace KIDDYCULTURE!