Best Sunbed Tanning Place In Sheffield

Doh, just realised you already gave me a price for the chapel walk one. Sorry - its friday and am being a bit thick.

Would love to hire one, but live in a 1 bed flat I am afraid

Yes me too and I managed. I hired one of the canopy ones so it just stands stood up in a corner when not in use and you just put it over your bed when you do want to use it. Although I appreciate it's not the solution for everyone, space does not need to be the issue. Good luck.

yeah i go there twice a week, wanting a base tan for ibiza.

i like the sunbed shops, cos it gets you out of the flat, you walk in and walk out. done

Can anyone recommend a place that has stand-up tanning booths? I get all panicky at the thought of being in one of those lying down ones!!

There's a place in Hillsborough, it's got quite a few of those stand up ones. Currently £20 for 60 mins (was £10 but was ridiculously popular methinks)

Try Brown Sugar on Ecclesall Road - if you log onto their website and print off the online voucher and take it with you - you can get 3 mins free or a mystic tan for £10 - 3 mins isnt long but at least you can check it out for free.

http://www.brownsugartanning.co.uk

dont have a spray tan here me and my freind had one and we looked like to humper lumpers from charlie and the chocolate factory.

was really bad im telling ya.

spoiled my night nevermind risking it for a wedding :mad:

Try my Cousin's beauty treatment shop on Crookes, called The Works, and if you see the Proprietoress while you're there tell her Rich says hi.

If your going to have one in town go to The Tanning Shop, that is it's name. It's near All Bar One as if your walking to the Cathedral. Everyone is really friendly in ther better than the Chapel Walk place and there open late too.

Be very cautious if it's just before your wedding. I had my first ever spray tan around 4 days before mine, and was admonished by the girl in the shop for not having it done the day before the wedding to stop it fading too much.

The day after I looked like I'd been tangoed (not unlike Christa whats-her-face from Look North, in fact) and was absolutely gutted. Used a load of body scrub and luckily it had mostly disappeared by the day of the wedding. Not sure if I was just unlucky, but wouldn't have it done again...

By the way, don't want to lecture but a fake tan is not a substitute for proper sun protection. The sun in the Maldives is very hot (my friend roasted himself there a few weeks ago), so please be careful and cover up!

Hi there

The future missus and I get married in 3 months and want a nice base tan for the wedding. We are also off to the Maldives for our honeymoon, so if I dont have a bit of a tan already, i am gonna burn to a crisp.

Where in Sheffield is the best place to get a sunbed tan? I know there are so many different prices/inclusive minutes for your money/free creams etc etc etc.

Where should we go???????

Cheers

Stebbil

I have a relative who keeps having bits of his body removed because of skin cancer. He thought, like you, that going on holiday meant getting burnt. He was wrong, and is now paying a very heavy price for it. There is no need for a 'base tan', and it's not like it's going to make any significant difference. If you're planning on lying in the sun all day, you're in a high risk group for skin cancer; end of. Tanning beds do not improve your chances one little bit, even if they might help reduce the severity of any sun burn you get.

Remember: Slip! Slap! Slop!

• Slip on a T-shirt and sunglasses.
  • Slap on a hat.
  • Slop on some sun cream.

http://www.sunsacks.com/downloads/KS1_slipslopslap.pdf

You know it makes sense and, should you disagree with my post, you'll remember what I have said when you go to have your forehead removed and your eyelids re-constructed with bits of your foreskin!

There is a good one on sharrow vale rd, Electric Beach with stand up beds. they are open til late 8pm i think best ring to check.

410-412 Sharrow Vale Rd, Sheffield, S11 8ZP

Tel: 0114-266 3336

Also opposite the hallamshire hospital on glossop rd there is one (not sure of name) this has both types of beds, bit strange as there is no assistant there-you just pay for your sunbed via a computer. It is fairly cheap thou (did have an offer on last time i looked-1 min=40p) You have to buy your own goggles first time thou, but obviously can keep these for repeat visits. (about £1.50) These are open late again.