Is England feral and dumbed-down?

This is the thing, if it was that easy, then a lot of people would be doing that now surely? Maybe it is because the sums do not add up. A lot of people are staying put and actually do not see why they need to work harder for less. people are not stupid! lol...

Maybe in the older days, it is beneficial for many to actually educate themselves better and find a better job based on their education level. However, in today's society, this is no longer the case though. With the rise of property prices, people are less reluctant to move around and pay high rent.

I presume we're also talking about lower entry jobs just to get someone onto the job ladder first. Which I think pays only around the 14k-16k region if lucky.

I think that giving something back is comparatively simple. It revolves around the premise of 'do unto uthers as you would be done to'. Currently I get more the feeling that people are in the mindset of 'do unto others before they do unto you'. Personally I wouldn't worry about the PC thing (in fact I would entirely avoid it!) just treat other people like you would want them to treat you as far as possible.

It is that easy, thousands of graduates do it every year. The difference is the mindset. Graduates expect to have to move to where the work is, and having just completed a degree they expect to put it to work and start a career.

People who stay put and moan that there are no jobs have the wrong attitude.

It is different once you have a house and family, things get more complicated. But it's still not impossible.

It's definitely still beneficial today to be well educated and find a well paid job.

I think it's a case of society has dived more into the "haves" and "have nots", the "haves" see the "have nots" as less civilised and dumber than themselves and wonder what can be done about this awfull situation.

What exactly it is they don't have then? They have exactly the same access to the same schools as my kids. They have access to the same hospitals as me etc etc. The only difference as I see it is that they make different choices to me. Well whose fault is that?

think its the fault of the left. the sixties beautiful people have created a monster. its a no blame society, theres always an excuse, always some reason why a yob robs an old age pensionerthat can be justyfied. the sixties were also the decade that introduced acceptable drug use and feminism both of which have been to the detriment of the country as a whole.

There's so many ill informed ideas in the above post, that I hardly know where to start on unpicking it ... it's far too early in the morning :D

mikey10, you old reactionary, you! :hihi:

I should imagine it is easier to move to another town or city to find work if you have got a degree under your belt because the work you probably get would be enough to start thinking about putting deposits down on houses. Going somewhere else to be paid the minimum wage & try to get on the property ladder would be somewhat daunting.

think its the fault of the left. the sixties beautiful people have created a monster. its a no blame society, theres always an excuse, always some reason why a yob robs an old age pensionerthat can be justyfied. the sixties were also the decade that introduced acceptable drug use and feminism both of which have been to the detriment of the country as a whole.

Why do you believe that feminism has been detrimental to the country as a whole, mikey10?

Why do you believe that feminism has been detrimental to the country as a whole, mikey10?

because it means i have to wash the pots.

Could be wrong but I suspect he is making reference to 'the working woman' :rolleyes:

There's so many ill informed ideas in the above post, that I hardly know where to start on unpicking it ... it's far too early in the morning :D

mikey10, you old reactionary, you! :hihi:

less of the old, please Ruby. okay it was a crap post!

Could be wrong but I suspect he is making reference to 'the working woman' :rolleyes:

Nah, worse that that, he's scared of having to make a contribution to his own domestic situaution and expects a woman to do it for him. It's all the fault of 'the left' y'know. (The left what? - side of his brain?)

Nah, worse that that, he's scared of having to make a contribution to his own domestic situaution and expects a woman to do it for him. It's all the fault of 'the left' y'know. (The left what? - side of his brain?)

mmm north sea fishing quotas. i think this is a strong case for intensive fishing methods to be re-introduced.:hihi: