Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

Hmm, you ask what my point is, then in the next sentance (which Ive highlighted) you've answered your own question. But Ill make my point clear in case there was any ambiguity.

Im not begrudging the McCanns at all.

Im just saying that the story has been blown out of all proportion by the media. One of the papers today reported - on the front page - that a butterfly had landed on Mrs McCann's shoulder before her visit to the pope, and this was a 'symbol of hope.'

Its beyond a joke, instead of reporting this non-story which will do nothing to bring Madeline back, why dont they instead highlight the story of another missing child?

I didn't mean you personally were begrudging the McCanns but there has been an air of that on the previous thread.

Because of how 'ordinary' the circumstances were. I'd love to know how many parents have done the identical thing. Guards get let down on holiday. We think we are in happy Laa Laa land where nothing can happen. I detect an underlying feeling in some of the reporting that because they are a professional couple they 'should have known better'. How many of your friends/colleagues have voiced that opinion??

I'm sorry but if the circumstances of this are 'ordinary' then we need more social workers. There's a difference between letting your guard down, perhaps in say a crowded market, and actually leaving your kids intentionally in situation like the one described in this particular case.

tbh, i'd be amazed if the mccanns weren't assigned a social worker, even if on paper only. there seemed to be quite a lot of feeling on the first of these threads that the mccanns should be punished somehow, and social services called in. should social services be seen as a punishment at all, or more as a source of direction? is there any point to a social worker telling the mccanns not to leave their kids unattended, or is it probable that they've already learnt that?

The McCanns can't be begrudged what they are doing and are prepared to do for their own child just because other children aren't afforded the same.

perhaps if they'd put as much attention into her whilst she was at home i.e not leaving her alone whilst they went on a frivolous night out we wouldn't be having this discussion.

perhaps if they'd put as much attention into her whilst she was at home i.e not leaving her alone whilst they went on a frivolous night out we wouldn't be having this discussion.

so because they got it wrong then, they're not allowed to try to find her by every means available to them?;)

so because they got it wrong then, they're not allowed to try to find her by every means available to them?;)

i think any parent in the world would put every effort into trying to find her - i just feel that the "pc" view because of their social standing has been nowhere near as harsh as it would be for a working class parent leaving a 13 year old home alone.

i would not want to swap places for all the publicity or funding in the world, but then again i would never have risked my child as they did.

my heart wants her to be found ok, but my head is telling me she will be one of the many who aren't.

i think any parent in the world would put every effort into trying to find her - i just feel that the "pc" view because of their social standing has been nowhere near as harsh as it would be for a working class parent leaving a 13 year old home alone.

i would not want to swap places for all the publicity or funding in the world, but then again i would never have risked my child as they did.

my heart wants her to be found ok, but my head is telling me she will be one of the many who aren't.

I just don't understand this business about class and social standing.

I think it's utter rubbish.

I too wonder why they left their kids, why all their friends that they were on holiday with left their kids too. But that hardly matters now does it? Boy are they paying the price.

Why do we need to keep harping on about blame.

Their daughter is missing. Why is blame the predominant issue on here, shouldn't it be compassion???

She was 3, and probably kidnapped by a paedophile.

Cloth cap politics don't apply to this one, honest.

I was told by a friend that all their kids were conceived thro IVF. Is this true ?

I was told by a friend that all their kids were conceived thro IVF. Is this true ?

And the relevance of this is..............???

Just noticed that the title of this thread is 'allegedly abducted in Portugal'.

So, am I missing something regarding 'allegedly'??

And the relevance of this is..............???

No relevance

Just wanted to know if it was media bull sh*t again ....:rolleyes:

Thought starting a thread on it would maybe be a little harsh

Just noticed that the title of this thread is 'allegedly abducted in Portugal'.

So, am I missing something regarding 'allegedly'?

And to be honest I thought that ....She WAS abducted wasn't she ? :suspect:

there were some comments made during the last thread that implied that quite a lot of people didn't believe that she was abducted, or weren't convinced of it.