Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

Ah, you see what you've gone and done here is typical of the result of internet gossip by associating one thing and connecting it with another. Clever but only if you don't see through it. I don't think anyone has said they feel sorry for the McCanns for leaving their children. You can now see why because of your statement that we need legal unbiased professionals who can see that being guilty of the crime of neglect is not the same as abduction and killing your child personally. I feel sorry for the McCanns because the likes of your statement implies something without validity. Until that validity is proven it's nothing more than conjecture. The act of neglect isn't questionable, that's been proven and no sympathy from me. However I am empathic because I've also been guilty of neglect.

You and others like you use the argument by implying the McCanns are guilty of the abduction of their child based on their neglect, by using the term 'would you leave your child' as a footnote to almost every post. Why you keep repeating this like a broken record I now understand, it's because like everyone excluding the perpetrators of the child's disappearance is you are no different to anyone else, being you haven't got a clue, but through self importance you have to be seen to be the fixer. A classic case of "The more I say "I feel sorry for the child" as a strap-on, the more likely you attract the same self serving blinkered vision.

Fab post - well said that man.

I can see why you hope they're innocent. :roll:

So you know they were fully aware of a paedophile ring in Portugal and the reason for Portugal was to use that as an alibi because they are very bright knowing full well how their whole plan would pan out? Also they were in the knowledge regarding the incompetence of the Portuguese police as part of that plan?

And the hundreds of thousands of tourists who go on holiday to Portugal with your obvious powers of observation, must not be "educated" and by default put their children in harms way. Have you ever been to Portugal? With your knowledge and what seems like croc tears over the child, why are you not at Heathrow with a placard professing Portugal as the paedo destination of Europe? Why didn't they just use the UK as an alibi? we got paedo's lurking behind every door.

Sorry chuck but I find you disingenuous because you seem to lack any empathy regardless of their stupidity in leaving the children. What do you want them to say, 'sorry teenyweeny it must be so very difficult for you'?

There you go again - being all reasonable and providing suitable explanations. It is not on Rontherednec I say againit is not on.

really thats how you class people that have their own opinion, when someone disagrees of your view of the mcanns they get labelled as the perfect parent brigade you so call it.let me just add would you leave your kids on their own while you nipped to the pub..or go out for dinner and leave your front door open.

Here we go again "would you leave your kids alone" - it is like a broken record that goes on and on and on.................

Here we go again "would you leave your kids alone" - it is like a broken record that goes on and on and on.................

i will just leave you then to have a conversation with yourself.:)

i will just leave you then to have a conversation with yourself.:)

Clearly you won't hence your responding.

Just for the record, I don't agree with what they did, but I also feel desperately sorry for what they are going through.

I, as a parent have made many mistakes, just that thankfully, none as great as the one they made that night.

However I dont think they are guilty of anything other than that.

1) That's because you hold empathy.

2) Again I agree but because of your mistakes and the mistakes many parents make, despite how great they are or not, could now be in the McCanns situation and receiving the same kind of attack. Perps are driven by opportunity and desire, no amount of care can protect from that. I also agree that what they did went beyond stupidity, but you don't have to be stupid for your child to go missing.

The Needham child was obviously neglected in some form, did they receive the same backlash from the press? I'm not sure but I can't recall it ever did.

But thats what forums like this are for,throwing ideas and opinions around

I agree but usually they have some form of tenuous connection? I can go along with your idea that the child wasn't in her room when they left that night, but it would be supposition. I could also take that idea a little further. What if the child was removed by a 3rd party just before the McCanns left for their outing. It could be that they put them to bed half our before leaving and left without checking, in which case the accusation of neglect in relation to the abduction is unfounded because the abduction could have taken place before they left.

Disclaimer: The above is something I totally made up without any shred of evidence.

The Needham child was obviously neglected in some form, did they receive the same backlash from the press? I'm not sure but I can't recall it ever did.

I remember it well, was he neglected though ? I don't know, he was playing outside, and from what I remember it was what was believed to be in a secure environment ?

I know there was a lot of talk at the time about him not actually 'Missing'

that was a really sad story too, to get no answers after all these years must be hell.

Mod Note

As we have degenerated into name calling and unsubstantiated allegations presented as facts, the thread has been closed.

If you can think of any valid or pressing reason why this thread should be reopened please state your case to the Helpdesk.