Roadrunner at the Cricket Club Aston

I have an e mail address for Ray Banks if anyone wants it but has anyone got one for Malcom Beumont?

Eyup Al got your pm but it won't let me reply to it. Let me know if you organise anything. Cheers.

take my word for it desy ive lived at swall for 30 years and i'm convinced everybody here is related. i go in sidalls(swallownest inn) and friday nights in the tap room is like a scene from deliverence i occasionally go in the welfare to see the bacca man and used to be a member of the social. the rosegarths not bad now the 2 lads who have got it now have cleaned it up.

Hi Pete. My name is Keith Taylor. I lived on Pagenall dr in 1967/68 before returning to Australia. I went to the Rosegarth. Swall club Siddalls.

It's November 2015 and I've just been reading some very nostalgic threads from old friends that lived in and around Aughton/ Swallownest in the 60's and 70's

Many attended Aston Woodhouse High School and have some great memories of their time there along with the fabulous Friday nights where we danced and enjoyed Ray's music at the Roadrunner.

My mum and dad ran the Black Bull so it would be great to hear from any old mates that remember the times we had back in those days. It would be nice to hear what they are doing today.

Friends I remember are numerous from school mates, to the lads I played football with, to the many friends I got drunk with to the dj-ing days at the Top Rank, some brilliant memories.

But for any that can remember me I would love to hear from you

I have lived over in Bolton, Lancashire for almost 40 years and to touch base with some old mates would be brilliant

Come on down it would be great to hear from you - Rod Fretwell (Steve Juste)

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 02:08 ----------

Hi LES

A blast from the past - still alive and kicking over in Bolton, Lancs - been here for nearly 40 years.

You mentioned Toy town which I started in the back room of the Black Bull, charging two bob to get in, and on a good night we might have had about 50/60 lads and lassie's attending. Every week I would visit the record shops in Rotherham or Sheffield and buy the new releases with the takings. We only ran for about 6 months until Ray and his mates started the Roadrunner and we like most who went there on a Friday nights we were hooked on the great atmosphere and brilliant music.

Having said all that it was those early days of spinning records that got me hooked on being a DJ and over the years I have enjoyed some great times working the decks and meeting and working with some great people.

If you pick up this thread LES it would be good to hear from you and to hear if some of my old mates from School and the Aughton/ Aston area are still around.

Rod Fretwell

Hi Everybody out there ( still alive and kicking ) Ray Banks here, best wishes to you all, we all have fantastic memories of the sixties, we were lucky to be there, sadly we have all made our own paths in life, and don't have the time to keep it touch with old friends, i live with my wife Sue in Chesterfield our children ( four ) have all grow up and left home, at this moment in time we are making plans to move to the Greek islands in two years ( two pints of Mithos please ) love to hear from any one. xxxxxxxxxx

hi to anybody out there, ray banks here, fit and well ( with good sellby date ) living in chesterfield and ready for summer.

Ray Just stumbled across this site. Pleased to see ou are alive despite rumours of your earlier demise! Last time I saw you was in some pub in the Peak District. I was just on my way home from working in Whalley Bridge and I think you said you were living in Buxton.

---------- Post added 29-11-2015 at 17:54 ----------

It's November 2015 and I've just been reading some very nostalgic threads from old friends that lived in and around Aughton/ Swallownest in the 60's and 70's

Many attended Aston Woodhouse High School and have some great memories of their time there along with the fabulous Friday nights where we danced and enjoyed Ray's music at the Roadrunner.

My mum and dad ran the Black Bull so it would be great to hear from any old mates that remember the times we had back in those days. It would be nice to hear what they are doing today.

Friends I remember are numerous from school mates, to the lads I played football with, to the many friends I got drunk with to the dj-ing days at the Top Rank, some brilliant memories.

But for any that can remember me I would love to hear from you

I have lived over in Bolton, Lancashire for almost 40 years and to touch base with some old mates would be brilliant

Come on down it would be great to hear from you - Rod Fretwell (Steve Juste)

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 02:08 ----------

Hi LES

A blast from the past - still alive and kicking over in Bolton, Lancs - been here for nearly 40 years.

You mentioned Toy town which I started in the back room of the Black Bull, charging two bob to get in, and on a good night we might have had about 50/60 lads and lassie's attending. Every week I would visit the record shops in Rotherham or Sheffield and buy the new releases with the takings. We only ran for about 6 months until Ray and his mates started the Roadrunner and we like most who went there on a Friday nights we were hooked on the great atmosphere and brilliant music.

Having said all that it was those early days of spinning records that got me hooked on being a DJ and over the years I have enjoyed some great times working the decks and meeting and working with some great people.

If you pick up this thread LES it would be good to hear from you and to hear if some of my old mates from School and the Aughton/ Aston area are still around.

Rod Fretwell

Rod Just found this forum. Yes, Black Bull was the place! Only now in contact with Dan Munro, Ken Tiler ( he's back in Ulley) and Kate Graham ( she lives in her parents' old house in Aston).

Buccaneer are you the Chris Stewart that used to live just down the road from the yellow lion . Some one else on here mentioned sallyrodgers. I can confirm she is living back in Treeton on well lane. She is not too good though. I am led to believe her brother Paul who I seem to recall was nicknamed podgers has passed away. Lastly can anyone tell me where trev Williamson is these days. I was in same class as him and haven't seen him for 40 years.

Buccaneer are you the Chris Stewart that used to live just down the road from the yellow lion . Some one else on here mentioned sallyrodgers. I can confirm she is living back in Treeton on well lane. She is not too good though. I am led to believe her brother Paul who I seem to recall was nicknamed podgers has passed away. Lastly can anyone tell me where trev Williamson is these days. I was in same class as him and haven't seen him for 40 years.

May have been me who mentioned Sally - if so, it was a long time ago.

Knew Sally in late 60's - lovely lass, silly sense of humour, long, straight dark hair, and a figure most women envied!

She used to talk about her (older?) brother Paul, who was apparently a 'tough 'un' - apparently he used to brag about a certain part of his anatomy as being 'like a gorilla's arm holding a football'!

I remember Trev too - big Captain Beefheart fan, mad as a March hare. Like you, not seen him for 40-odd years, I guess....

May have been me who mentioned Sally - if so, it was a long time ago.

Knew Sally in late 60's - lovely lass, silly sense of humour, long, straight dark hair, and a figure most women envied!

She used to talk about her (older?) brother Paul, who was apparently a 'tough 'un' - apparently he used to brag about a certain part of his anatomy as being 'like a gorilla's arm holding a football'!

I remember Trev too - big Captain Beefheart fan, mad as a March hare. Like you, not seen him for 40-odd years, I guess....

Can confirm Paul passed away on Valentine's day

Can confirm Paul passed away on Valentine's day

Never got around to meeting him, but a great bloke according to his sister Sally - she idolised him when she was a teenager/when I knew her.

Think Paul was a bit older than we were - maybe into his twenties? - so presumably still in his 60's when he passed?

That's no age, these days...

Sally was in my class at school so she will be 63.paul was a couple of years older. I agree she was a stunner , she used to go out with another guy I haven't seen for 40 years called Steve aspinall. I saw her just before Christmas when I was delivering the post in Treeton.she didn't seem at all well .