Greens Gym - how much is it?

not just to do that i swim 5 times a week and cardio 3 and use weights 2 plus personal training sessions, at that price it was cheaper than just going swimming twice a week and i can walk to it.

How do you find the time?! You're definitely getting your money's worth :)

my husband has just cancelled as his fee is £54 per month! He's joined Zest at Upperthorpe which may not be as smart but has excellent equiment, a pool and classes - all for £18 per month!

Don't want to comes across like I am slagging Green's off but their clientele & standards dropped. They are no way as goodd as they used to be. *jeeper creepers* £54 per month! Saying that I was paying something like £42-46 when I was there. They changed their staff as quick as I changed my undies!

Another vote for virgin here, was a member of greens last year and as said previously the standards have declined drastically.

i would recomend goin SIV 4 venues and very good facilities on £25 a month

I pay £45 (direct debit) a month off peak (ie not after 5 pm), It is cheaper if you lock into an annual contract.(I think anytime use is about a tenner more). I was told when I joined that they wil not negotiate on the plan price but you can usually haggle on the joining fee (try trading it off against the cost of the fob for unlocking the lockers)

Like all gyms - it is expensive if you pay and then don't go

As to cleanliness, its not bad and has improved as the showers have just been re-grouted.

As to the scum in the Jacuzzi - I am told that this is due to ladies of a certain age that attend aquarobics (scientific proof that fat and water don't mix) Some feel that their attendance at the class would be incomplete without plenty of make up, later it comes off in the warmer water of the jacuzzi. However the water is regularly changed - I have never felt that I was going to catch anything from it

im a member of greens , ended up paying 38 pounds a months for full membership, girlfriend joined day after and payed 39 for off peak... do they just make there prices up depending on there mood that day as my friends asked for a price today and got quoted 56? why do the prices vary so much for the same thing?

I know what you mean about prices at Greens...just gone up (again) and now, even for a 12-month membership it's £52 per month!

Not sure what competitors' prices are in 2011 eg Virgin...as usual not easy to find out without have the obligatory tour...

Matt

Is it a fairly nice and smart gym? I have heard its the fanciest in sheffield?:hihi::love::loopy: :loopy: :loopy:

Esporta takes that titled without doubt

im a member of greens , ended up paying 38 pounds a months for full membership, girlfriend joined day after and payed 39 for off peak... do they just make there prices up depending on there mood that day as my friends asked for a price today and got quoted 56? why do the prices vary so much for the same thing?

Typically before you get a quote, many gyms normally 'pre-qualify' you, asking questions about your lifestyle, health, goals, existing fitness levels etc. They use this info to calculate the type of customer you'll be, and you'll be 'categorised'. Each category will receive a different price.

For example, someone who is clearly a '6 week wonder' will most likely get a large signing on fee, but a low monthly fee, on the assumption that after six weeks they'll barely come in, but the low monthly fee makes it less likely for them to cancel, so instead they'll keep on paying while convincing themselves that they'll soon pick things up again. Most don't though!

This is normally why many gyms ask you to come down for a tour with one of the 'health advisers', it's during that tour that you are assessed and categorised.

It's no different to many other businesses - anyone ever tried to get a Yellow Pages ad? Ring them up, and they won't give you a price - you have to meet with a sales advisor, go through surveys and assessments, and then they make up the highest price they feel they can get away with.

Ask me anyting about joining....i used to work there!