The Big Brother 8 MegaThread

Did I said that I watch people sleeping, idiot?

Thats what is on BB isn't it, people sleeping, people having a shower, people cavorting in the jacuzzi ?

Sounds like softcore pron for peeping-toms to me.

Guest Ant
Bottom line is, if you like it then so be it, but expect criticism.

Really? And why should that be the case, unless you're positioning yourself in a position of intellectual superiority?

Guest Ant
Thats what is on BB isn't it, people sleeping, people having a shower, people cavorting in the jacuzzi ?

Sounds like softcore pron for peeping-toms to me.

That's because you are dim, Nick.

That's because you are dim, Nick.

Better that than a voyeur sat wathing BB every night hoping to get a peek of a nude lady or that a couple will start shagging when the light go out or someones bikini will have a "wardrobe malfunction" in the jacuzzi.

It's all so deliciously naughty.

Really? And why should that be the case, unless you're positioning yourself in a position of intellectual superiority?

Lord! You are hard work!!

It isn't intellectual superiority. Its seeing it for what it is.

Since the Jordan analogy didn't connect with you I'll try again. If I say a McDonald's is not a great meal am I being intellectually superior?

BB is trash and if you like it then so be it, but expect criticism.

Guest Ant
Better that than a voyeur sat wathing BB every night hoping to get a peek of a nude lady or that a couple will start shagging when the light go out or someones bikini will have a "wardrobe malfunction" in the jacuzzi.

It's all so deliciously naughty.

Seriously, you're showing your ignorance, and trolling deliberately.

I'm not a pervert, nor are the other millions of people who watch it. Nor are we intellectually inferior to you, though you feel comfortable with that illusion.

I have enjoyed the series since the very first run, when there was no jacuzzi, no night-view bedroom footage, no sexual encounters. I don't watch it to see the occasional breast slipping out of a bikini.

In fact, I'm curious as to why you would think that that is why I would watch it? Is it some kind of Freudian projection? You're really hung up on all this. You're spending a full afternoon attacking people who enjoy watching a show you don't actually watch. Without sounding too rude, could it be you who is actually the dim pervert? Just a thought.

Without sounding too rude, could it be you who is actually the dim pervert? Just a thought.

Hey, I'm not the one watching strangers having a shower for "entertainment"

I would expand on this but I doubt I could explain it to you without using the word "gobsmacked", and I simply refuse to do that.

Guest Ant
BB is trash and if you like it then so be it, but expect criticism.

And that's your opinion. Mine differs. It has it's place, and doesn't lesser my standing because I enjoy it. You don't enjoy it? Go elsewhere and chat about your interests. It smacks of speaking down to the unwashed masses from on high.

"If I say a McDonald's is not a great meal am I being intellectually superior?"

No. A Big Mac is un healthy meal, full of saturated fats. Eaten to excess, they are bad for the heart. If you expressed that opinion, I'd say you were well informed, certainly not intellectually superior.

Having said that, at least I appreciate the constructive criticism. It's infinitely more stimulating than the obnoxious trolling that nick is producing.

Guest Ant
Hey, I'm not the one watching strangers having a shower for "entertainment"

I don't watch strangers in the shower. You are being really dim witted, nick.

I don't watch strangers in the shower. You are being really dim witted, nick.

So you turn it off when those bits are shown ?

Guest Ant
So you turn it off when those bits are shown ?

Extended shots of Big Brother housemates taking showers are shown live at night. I tend not to watch the live footage. If it is on as background buzz, and there is a shower scene, no I don't find myself looking up from my work to watch a woman in the shower.

If it is a short clip shown during the normal evening show, the scene will probably last around five seconds. I don't turn the tv off for those five seconds, I have to admit. But I also don't find myself letching for five seconds, my sexual experience is substantial enough so as to have dulled the edge off the excitement of viewing a shower scene.

Mod note: Right children - stop the personal remarks, the antagonism and the going off topic. Please get back to discussing the thread topic quickly!