Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Got to say I am a fan of the Pirate films but quite disappointed with this one. Went to see it today with the kids and it was far too long..... boring in many places. It did have the odd bit that made me chuckle and even though I :love::love: Johnny Depp, he's too camp (again)... even my mum who is a huge fan was disappointed.

Can't knock the special effects though, absolutely superb! And I love Bill Nighy as Davy Jones. Geoffrey Rush as Captain Barbossa is great but I felt he was in this movie far too much..... my husband, (who loves watching all genres of film) like me was :confused: with the story line (at times).... if I'd watched it in the evening I would have fallen asleep.

The monkey deserves an oscar for it's performance :hihi: especially the part where it shiver's covered in frost as they sail through the icy cold water's.

Sorry if I've put you off.... but I'm sure they could have cut some parts out and managed it all in half the time.

I really enjoyed it, after the first 40 mins. It wasn't that the first 40 mins were bad, it was just that it has been a year since I watched part 2 and I'd forgotten most of what had happened, so was struggling to catch up.

Once I settled into it I loved every damned minute of it, and found the time flew by. The cameo by Keith Richards as Captain Teague was done well, and had me chuckling.

A great finish to the trilogy (although I sense a whiff of another film on the horizon).

BTW: Yes, there is a bit at the end of the longest-end-credits-since-part-two, and no it really isn't worth sticking around for!

I thought it was excellent. You have to keep up with the story as there's lots of things happening but it's not difficult to understand. Just noticed the after credits bit has been removed from youtube at the request of Disney...dammit, I couldn't be bothered to stick around.

I was completely lost for the first hour, I'd forgotten who was who and why they were there so god knows how the kids next to me kept up.

I'd forgotten how Geoffery Rush, who was a ghost, became human again and why he stayed a goodie all the way through. (in pirate terms!)

It's definitely one to refresh your memory with the second one before viewing.

Instead of worrying about it, I watched it through the eyes of a ten year old and just enjoyed the action, the costumes and the one liners instead of trying to make sense of the plot.Oh yeah and the monkey and the parrot. :D

It got easier once they left Davy Jones locker.

Didn't stay for the bit at the end though - doh!

i loved it as much as first one, second one i didnt like a kept falling asleep every time i watched it

Havent seen any of them , but this last one has got bad reviews. Like the look of Johny Depp( he has nice cheeky eyes) :D

Well.. my honest opinion.. I thought it was crap!

The 2nd one and the third one have been getting steadily worse now since they came out and have ruined for me what was a brilliant first film.

I dont think its as much family orientated viewing as the first one was now as well - especially with the first 10mins in the 3rd film with the hangings.

The plot was going all over the shop in the 3rd film and it confused me a lot and frankly bored me, with what was going on in davy jones locker when Jack was on his own.

Mark Kermode's review of it on Radio 5 last week was very funny.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/

You need a direct link to that :D . Absolutely classic rant from the good doctor. More laughs to be had in that than in Johnny Depp's entire turgid back catalogue.

Cheers, just got up and my brain isn't working, I like Johnny Depp as an actor but POTC isn't very good

I found the film visually very good but didn't understand the plot at all

I thought it was a great film, was a bit confusing for a while but once you worked it out it was good. Johnny depp doing the camp thing is what makes the films i think, i think he plays it really well, plus he,s gorgeous to boot. But well done the monkey, what a star :hihi: