Live Music in Sheffield

Hello, all. First time I've ever posted here.

For many years I worked away from home in London during the week. Now I find myself at home twiddling the old thumbs wondering what to do with myself on week nights. Does any one know of decent pubs which have live music on during the week? I mean grown up music like country, folk or blues (i.e. not 'scally' rock of the Polar Chimpanzes variety).

Any advice appreciated.

I live in the Broomhill area.

Thanks.

For many years I worked away from home in London during the week. Now I find myself at home twiddling the old thumbs wondering what to do with myself on week nights. Does any one know of decent pubs which have live music on during the week? I mean grown up music like country, folk or blues (i.e. not 'scally' rock of the Polar Chimpanzes variety).

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

No but perhaps you might prefer Artex Monkey instead?(I love your description!) He plays a lot round Barnsley area.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi welcome to the forum.

If you like folk or blues you probably will like some of the bands that play at The Boardwalk they have a variety of different kinds of music on both during the week and weekends.

Sorry would have put on link but it wouldnt work I am sure someone else will oblige or you can look it up for yourself on the net.

Hope thats of help

I mean grown up music like country, folk or blues (i.e. not 'scally' rock of the Polar Chimpanzes variety).

The pubs in and around Neepsend (Hillsborough Hotel, Gardeners Rest, The Riverside, etc) have a variety of blues, folk and other music on quite a bit. You can also try ItchySheffield and Gigwise for other possibilities.

I believe a pub called the Big Tree, i think it is do live gigs etc.....Try contacting/linking to tourist info for sheffield, Sheffield Star do whats on in Sheffield also.

;)

The Red House on Solly Street have a Blues night this Thursday - should be a good night.

The Sheffield Telegraph has a good listings section with details of most gigs that week in Sheffield

Hiya, there is an acoustic night every Thursday at The Harlequin,108 Nursery St, Sheffield, S3 8GG (0114 275 8195). "Badge" play there a lot and they organise this night. Have a look at their website.

http://www.badgemusic.co.uk/index.php

They are really good!!!

There's an eclectic mix at the Can-U-Jam session every Wednesday night 8-00 til 11-00, and every Sunday afternoon 4-30 til 7-30 at The Malin Bridge Inn. Friendly crowd as well.

I help to run an open mic night every sunday from 8.30 at the Broadfield pub, Abbeydale Road. There is always some excellent folk country blues being played at this night, as well as assorted others. Please do come down and check us out.

The Harlequin on Nursery St do Sheffield unplugged every Thursday, they also have an Irish night on every second Sunday and I band night on Monday i believe.