Share the old sayings that your gran used to say.

My Gran, "don't sit on that cold floor, you'll get chincoff in your bottom" - eh?? :hihi:

Diferent Gran when asked what was in a cupboard, what's for tea etc, "Jumps, hoops and bites at the latch" :loopy:

And most bizarrely from my Grandad, "It's allmeivyon". The spelling is an approximation as it's a completely made up word which can be loosely defined as, "after due consideration of the facts I have reached the conclusion that what you're proposing is of little or no validity".

My Gran, "don't sit on that cold floor, you'll get chincoff in your bottom" - eh?? :hihi:

My nan said cold seats gave you piles.

My nan said cold seats gave you piles.

very similar, a friend of my father's told him never to sit on a cold wall, as he would get stones

"In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king."

My gran also used to say 'It's not the cough that carries you off, its the coffin they carry you offin'

That is brilliant!

My Nan used to say "Standing there like one o'clock half struck" meaning you were stood about being gormless!

My Gran seemed to be endlessly telling me I was 'priceless' when I was naughty.

I never understood why then and am still confused! Maybe it meant something else in those days?

My Gran used to say " Dont forget to get off at Tinsley dont go all the way to Rotherham" whenever I told her I was courting

PMSL!! :lol:

My Gran used to say " Dont forget to get off at Tinsley dont go all the way to Rotherham" whenever I told her I was courting

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

My Dad used to say. A slight inclination of the cranium is as adequate as spasmodic movement of the optic, to a equine quadruped devoid of it's visionary capacity. Meaning ' A nod's as good as a wink to a blind horse' It took me year's to memorize that one!

Just remembered one of my dad's sayings, when we'd been showing what he considered to be an unwarranted amount of interest in what was for a particular meal - "Tha'll get sh*t wi' sugar on it"

I always thought was a particularly charming bon mot.

Dozy

Just remembered one of my dad's sayings, when we'd been showing what he considered to be an unwarranted amount of interest in what was for a particular meal - "Tha'll get sh*t wi' sugar on it"

I always thought was a particularly charming bon mot.

Dozy

thank goodness I've had tea, have you seen Shoeshine's new post - someone to give you away:)