Share the old sayings that your gran used to say.

My grandfather when asking the time always said "How much is the clock"

:hihi: :hihi:

Softer than balm!

As daft as a brush!

On asking the time, instead of 25 past the hour its "five and twenty past" or "five and twenty to".

I now say this too! :D

For pulling a face... if the wind blows funny your face'll stay that way :D

I think we should keep all the old sayings going don't you lot? lets learn em all and use em :hihi:

If I was going out, my Gran always said "Make sure you've got your bus fare home..."

My nan-in-law(?) once said "well, if they don't like yer, they can arsole'.l

I remember visiting my ex's nan several years ago, who kindly welcomed us with "I'd rather have queers in my house than thieves!" :hihi:

She liked a drink.

"Oatsey dotes and moatsey dotes and little lambsey divey, diddley-ivey-ooo, wouldnt you"

Im afraid she sort of... lost it in the last years of her life...

I think you should be afraid, very afraid.. seems to run in families that sort of thing :suspect:

Took me years to suss out what that song was about. All together now, mairsy dotes and dozy dotes etc.,, :hihi: :hihi:

I think you should be afraid, very afraid.. seems to run in families that sort of thing :suspect:

Took me years to suss out what that song was about. All together now, mairsy dotes and dozy dotes etc.,, :hihi: :hihi:

Its a song?

Damn... she used to Say it! Along with things like "Whoops there goes my corset" and "Those buzz bombs were buggers"

Its a song?

Damn... she used to Say it! Along with things like "Whoops there goes my corset" and "Those buzz bombs were buggers"

Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?

I've got the sheet music somewhere! How sad is that?:suspect::hihi:

My mum used to sing it like this... Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lousy trousers A kiddley divey do :hihi: