Update on the Beeley Wood

Hi it,s Carol

Im the manager of the Beeley Wood. Well we have been open for a month now, things are going good. We had a Karaoke on last night and had a good response to that plenty of singers and whaler's. To night its the 2 "C"

Hope to see more faces in the future people that have been back in seem glad its back open.

the bingo club is back on Thursday's 7-30 to 9-30 a day trip to Bridlington has been organised Greg and the shop Akeem are providing coaches for local's just call in the trip is 12th August if you are interested.

We have a fun day planned for Bank holiday Monday all welcome.

I am serving food all day keep adding to the menu its going well.

Hi Carol . How did it go last night. We didnt make it up we were at Dales 40th.What bend has gregg got on next sat.

Glad its going well for you, but it will be a long time if ever that I go back in the Beeley.

All the old trouble makers are starting to go back in, will wait for at least 6 to 12 months, to make sure nothing kicks off first.

But good luck to you, not sure about the colour scheme, looks very red in the door way, and heard something mentioned about a blue concrete floor?

we haven't seen any trouble yet but i think people never expected it reopening and they also know it will probably be the last chance for it. So hopefully i willbe around to welcome you in in 6 months time working hard to make a go of it for you. Carol

brooksy

hi is that you bob by the way had a good night friday with the karaoke. although the weather was bad on monday the fun day went well also. new exciting young band practicing in the function room playad at LeadMill saturday night they are called SAGA. Hope to see you this weekend then by the way.

Carol

hi every one got a new cider Pheasant Plucker Scrumpy

Carol

we haven't seen any trouble yet but i think people never expected it reopening and they also know it will probably be the last chance for it. So hopefully i willbe around to welcome you in in 6 months time working hard to make a go of it for you. Carol

But still a gang of mouthy kids and parents outside intimidating people and making it impossible for people to feel safe when they go in the shop or chineese. I imagine the re opening has hurt their takings. I know that you will claim your not responsible for what goes on outside the front door but it is the pub that attracts this group as they weren't there when it was shut. A different decor but the same people that caused the trouble so the inevitable will happen. Its just a question of when.

But still a gang of mouthy kids and parents outside intimidating people and making it impossible for people to feel safe when they go in the shop or chineese. I imagine the re opening has hurt their takings. I know that you will claim your not responsible for what goes on outside the front door but it is the pub that attracts this group as they weren't there when it was shut. A different decor but the same people that caused the trouble so the inevitable will happen. Its just a question of when.

sorry about that but the people who have come back in seem to be enjoying not having a bad atmostphere every one seems friendly and pleased to see the pub open again.

:hihi: hiya all I used to go in the beeley wood 20 odd yrs ago. Mum still lives on the estate, But I wouldnt go in now though Ive become a Real snob since I grew up. (lol). I hope it all goes well for you and there isnt anymore trouble.

GOOD LUCK CAROL

Hi Carol

I too live nearby and must say that the number of people stood outside on Monday really put me off.

They were foul mouthed, loud, playing music from their cars, drinking stella from the local shop.

Hi Carol,

Things seem to be going well in the BW, what with the charabang to the seaside planned and all that.

Could I ask a favour? :) Could you get somebody to give the frontage pavement a good swill down and a going over with a stiff brush. It looks like some visitors couldn't keep their beer in the glass and it looks minging.

I've already got onto the council about getting the bin emptied for you. Nice to see its getting used though :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Foxy

Hi I keep sweeping the front but think its a loosing battle will swill it as well though think they empty the bin 3 times a week

Hi Carol,

Things seem to be going well in the BW, what with the charabang to the seaside planned and all that.

Could I ask a favour? :) Could you get somebody to give the frontage pavement a good swill down and a going over with a stiff brush. It looks like some visitors couldn't keep their beer in the glass and it looks minging.

I've already got onto the council about getting the bin emptied for you. Nice to see its getting used though :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Foxy