Sign in to follow this  

Sheffield transport query

I am new to the area - thinking of living in Abbeydale near Dore station and will be working in Carbrook.

Could someone please tell me the best way to get from Abbeydale to Carbrook either by public transport or car at peak time.

Also how far is it to walk from Meadowhall railway station to Carbrook

Any information gratefully received !

Ted

Originally posted by tedbloggs

Also how far is it to walk from Meadowhall railway station to Carbrook

About 10 minutes I think, but if you don't fancy walking, it's about 3 stops on the tram, which leaves from Meadowhall Station.

I was thinking about commuting from Dore into the city but coming back at night seems ridiculous with a 2 hour gap between trains from Sheffield to Dore between 17.14 and 19.14 !! Is this really true ? BR tell me so but yet there are 3 trains in the morning in quick proximty to the city...........so why so little coming back at night !?!?

Also it it true that the trams up towards the Meadowhall direction only run from 9am to 6pm at night ? What about those people who would like to use it early or late ??! Are there any good alternatives like buses, etc.

Thank you in advance for any advice, hints, etc. offered

It's only the Herdings Park tram line that only runs up until 6pm:?

Try Abbey lane, Meadowhead, Bochum parkway, Gleadless, Manor top, Prince of Wales road, Darnall, Broughton lane, Carbrook.