Alarms or Immobilisers

The police came to get a statement from me yesterday and the little toerags have been caught. They stole it specifically to go and steal a motorbike from outside the Hallam University and guess what...

... they were caught on CCTV. Police said they only had my car for an hour and then dumped it at the manor estate when they realised they couldn't steal the bike.

Anyway the policeman said he was going to charge them today and they are going to court sometime next week. And I could potentially get £500 back which is what they cost me. Policeman said its likely to be 3p a week :-(

At least they caught them. When we had the pick up nicked they knew who had done it but couldnt point the finger.

Just to let everyone know I fit Toad car alarms and Immobilisers

I have 10 years experience and offer lifetime guarantee on all my installs.

All systems are supplied with a certificate of installation to prove to your insurance company its been done by a authorised thatcham technician.

I am based at S3 8AA Neepsend

Systems start from 79 installed.

07535 281 568

http://www.car-alarms-direct.net

thanks all !

Just to let everyone know I fit Toad car alarms and Immobilisers

I have 10 years experience and offer lifetime guarantee on all my installs.

All systems are supplied with a certificate of installation to prove to your insurance company its been done by a authorised thatcham technician.

I am based at S3 8AA Neepsend

Systems start from 79 installed.

07535 281 568

http://www.car-alarms-direct.net

thanks all !

Microchip ??

The Sparkrite alarms are the ones you used to be able to get from Argos, they were rubbish though IIRC they had a sounder you screwed to the bulkhead, all that would happen was when the alarm went off the thief would just rag the supply off the sounder to silence it.

If someone wants to nick it they are probably not going to be put off by some rubbish halfords alarm.

To be fair probably best solution would be to get a good steering lock, unless its something worth going to trouble with its likely to put them off. They aren't going to break out the saw and cut through the steering wheel to nick some crappy old cavalier are they?

Stay well clear of Technicar!!!!!!!!!!!