Alarms or Immobilisers

Technicar would have fitted an alarm and immobiliser for not much more than that. They fitted a Cat 1 Clifford alarm and imobiliser to ours for £200 and this is one of the best you can get.

Disc Locks are the best imobiliser we have found!

what wrong with the laserline one i have?

Nothing I am sure it will do fine as an immobiliser. Peeps are just trying to offer advice to you for next time in terms of value for money.

How much did the sparkrite one cost you out of interest?

If you can stretch to a disclok they are well worth it.

hi its her boyrfriend, the immobiliser cost £80 to buy and install, she doesnt have money for the alarm aswell, or a decent disklok, they are about £80 themselves

Well hopefully it shall stay safe now :)

hi its her boyrfriend, the immobiliser cost £80 to buy and install, she doesnt have money for the alarm aswell, or a decent disklok, they are about £80 themselves

Hi, occasionally the police (crime prevention) run a scheme to supply genuine discloks at a very reduced price.

I think they are only available to people who have suffered from car theft etc.

why not ask 'em, you may be surprised at the price:o .

Hi, occasionally the police (crime prevention) run a scheme to supply genuine discloks at a very reduced price.

I think they are only available to people who have suffered from car theft etc.

why not ask 'em, you may be surprised at the price:o .

They are not the genuine ones they are rubbish. A friend of ours bought one from the police and it was made of plastic. Not much use really.

They are not the genuine ones they are rubbish. A friend of ours bought one from the police and it was made of plastic. Not much use really.

Maybe they do different ones :confused:

Mine came from the police and it's the genuine disclok - very heavy, all metal,

covers the whole of the steering wheel and has a thatcham test rating.

It's also very YELLOW :hihi: .

how much did u pay humperlumer?

I can't remember the exact price but I'm pretty sure it was less than half retail price at the time (less than £40-00).

It's worth remembering to look for the Thatcham approval on any car security stuff.

Hopefully all the thieving toe-rags will leave yours alone now.

Maybe they do different ones :confused:

Mine came from the police and it's the genuine disclok - very heavy, all metal,

covers the whole of the steering wheel and has a thatcham test rating.

It's also very YELLOW :hihi: .

The one my buddy got was so mickey mouse. Any thief looking at it would just laugh. The police should be ashamed for selling them.

We bought all three of our disc locks from Shaws Motor Factors on Abbeydale Road with a trade discount. Think they were in the region of £50 each and they are all very very yellow, and heavy if you drop them on your foot!:loopy:

The one my buddy got was so mickey mouse. Any thief looking at it would just laugh. The police should be ashamed for selling them.

We bought all three of our disc locks from Shaws Motor Factors on Abbeydale Road with a trade discount. Think they were in the region of £50 each and they are all very very yellow, and heavy if you drop them on your foot!:loopy:

Yours sound the same as mine.

Did the one your friend got have a thatcham rating? I saw some (Disclok 2000 I think) that looked very plastic and only covered part of the steering wheel, but they still had a rating.