Alarms or Immobilisers

I can only afford to get one or the other which is most beneficial seeming as i had my car stolen last friday?

Why only one or the other?

Maplins do an alarm/immobiliser for about £40 if you want a cheap combined one The Toad Cat1 is good for £110 of ebay

Both DIY fit.

You can get a Cat2 Immobiliser of ebay for about £30 too. DIY fit again.

Disklok is also a worthwhile immobilser for £80

remember though that if you fit it yourself there might be a problem as insurance companies want to see a certificate issued by an accredited auto 'trician..i know mine did

I bought a shock and sensor alarm from Halfords on Friday however i had to take it back becuase it was too difficult for me to fit. Does anyone know a place in Sheffield i can take it to.

it was a sparkrite one - iv got an appointment at a garage on tuesday they are gunna fit me an immobiliser for 79 pounds thats the best offer i can get

sounds about right but make sure it is thatcham 2 and you get a certificate ..your insurance company might need it

As Dave says if you are paying that much money for someone to fit it. Then make sure the immobiliser is CAT2 and they are a certified fitter so able to give you a certificate.

yeah it is a CAT 2 and they will be giving me a certificate.

thanks

yay got the immobiliser fitted and got an insurance certificate with it (a happy customer) thanks to technicar on abbeydale road

hoping to get an alarm next

It would have been more cost effective to get a combined one :confused:

yeah but i needed some sort of security asap as i got my car stolen a week ago and could afford both as i am a full time student