Stannington pubs

Well sark,it looks like that was a waste of your time. After 4 pages & 79 threads, it seems that you won't get the answer you was looking for

Try a new TOPIC called (anyone lives in stannington) you might get the answers you looking for? good luck.

As the original question was asked in May 2007 I would think the OP

will have given up on a reply years ago.

I don't have any stats to hand but it has been proven. Anyway, this is a circular argument and about as pointless as people from Totley Brook saying they live in Dore (which some do). Ultinately they live where the live and will call it waht they like.

BTW the buses distinguish between the two with the 81 going to Stannington and the 82 going to Hall Park Head.

OK Off topic but since you mention Dore. The railway line cut off a corner of Dore Village i.e. Grove Road. The Post Office can say what they like;

to the older locals on Grove Road S174DJ. they are in Dore and don't forget that Dore and Totley are IN DERBYSHIRE. or were.:)

Come on then sid, what is that area called then if it's not Stannington ??

It's not Walkley, it's not Malin Bridge and it's not Loxley, what is it called ????

Hall Park Head would cover it.

The streets around Goodison Crescent were known as Woodlands.

Dont forget the Robin Hood will joint the long list of pubs closing in Stannington.

One more good pub going forever.R.I.P

Lets hope its never turned into flats.

Would make a good real ale pub with a mirco brewery in celar and selling real pub food.

Dont forget the Robin Hood will joint the long list of pubs closing in Stannington.

One more good pub going forever.R.I.P

Lets hope its never turned into flats.

Would make a good real ale pub with a mirco brewery in celar and selling real pub food.

hear hear somebody with some sense get it bought.

Guest makapaka

What pubs are still open in stannington please?

Crown & Glove, Rose & Crown & Peacock All serve food and decent beer as well.Hope this helps.

The gym that was once the Deerstalker pub IS in Stannington, I live near it and my postal address is Stannington.

You're one of those Stannington doesn't start until the welcome to Stannington sign outside the Sportsman pub people aren't you ? :roll:

I agree with this. I go to that gym that used to be the deer stalker and I also work in a pub around that area. I would class both as been in stannington. Just to point out, I live at the other side of sheffield to Stannington so couldn't be sure what others say.

Wierd though, my parents live across from myrole springs school and theirs is classed as Norton.

---------- Post added 11-12-2016 at 21:55 ----------

What pubs are still open in stannington please?

The holly bush is open too.

Just to lob a little more petrol on the where-does-Stannington-end fire, the Rivelin on Tofts Lane/Roscoe Bank down in the Rivelin valley is probably closer to the middle of Stannington village than is the HollyBush.

I've not eaten there but they do a very acceptable range of real ales.

I agree with this. I go to that gym that used to be the deer stalker and I also work in a pub around that area. I would class both as been in stannington. Just to point out, I live at the other side of sheffield to Stannington so couldn't be sure what others say.

Wierd though, my parents live across from myrole springs school and theirs is classed as Norton.

---------- Post added 11-12-2016 at 21:55 ----------

The holly bush is open too.

The Holly Bush is in Rivelin - so close to the river Rivelin you could spit as far. Definitely not Stannington.

Sadly there are only 3 pubs in Stannington now - the Crown and Glove (aka Tophouse), the Rose and Crown (aka Minnies) and The Peacock

The Holly Bush is in Rivelin - so close to the river Rivelin you could spit as far. Definitely not Stannington.

Sadly there are only 3 pubs in Stannington now - the Crown and Glove (aka Tophouse), the Rose and Crown (aka Minnies) and The Peacock

Using political boundaries the following pubs are also all in Stannington:

The Rivelin Hotel

The Holly Bush

The Anvil

The Strines Inn

The Royal at Dungworth

The Plough at Low Bradfield

The Old Horns at Bradfield.

The Nags Head at Stacey Bank

The Admiral Rodney and The Wisewood Inn at Loxley

The Blue Ball and Shoulder of Mutton at Worrall

Even The Middlewood Tavern's in Stannington Ward even though it is no longer operating.