Stannington pubs

A little bit up from the Sportsman pub someone has a large penis shaped chimney or something, on their roof ! they have painted it skin colour as well...you can't miss it, everytime im at the juction and I look right, its there !!! :hihi:

A little bit up from the Sportsman pub someone has a large penis shaped chimney or something, on their roof ! they have painted it skin colour as well...you can't miss it, everytime im at the juction and I look right, its there !!! :hihi:
Waiting to be inserted into those that think Stannington exists below the Sportsman!

So. There is a sign on the M1 that says to London, doesn't mean that is where London starts.

I am never really sure why people from the estates are so bothered about saying they live at Stannington.

It seems to me that it is you that is bothered about these people saying they live in Stannington.

The new houses at the back of the Anvil have been given the address as Stannington and not Malin Bridge.

I have lived in a " village for the past 35 years [ not Stannington ]

and we get people like you thinking they are better.

Our's is not a village anymore than yours is now. Times have changed and the villages are getting bigger. Accept that and stop being such a snob.

Is it on google maps?

i'm off to walk the dog see this chimney as my aunt lives opp sportsman lol

Oh and "Woodlands" is the name of a block of high rise, old OS maps show it as woodlands when it was a wooded area lol you often find is people that dont even live in S6 that create a fuss about where Stannington starts! the area thread could last a lifetime sad really, i know where i live & thats what matters not what some snob from "insert area" has to say about it

I was born in Stannington in 1965, in a house very near the Sportsman

at that time there was a very definate line between stannington (village) and the houses below, a distinction which only seemed to be important to people who lived above the border (but this dividing line only seemed present near the sportsman, when you asked people how far Stannington extended down Wood Lane you'd have got a lot of different answers)

as time has gone by the border of Stannington's district (not village mind) has spread and are now very vague

I'm of the opinion, what does it matter if people want to say they live in Stannington, you don't get any extra points for it

I was born in Stannington in 1965, in a house very near the Sportsman

at that time there was a very definate line between stannington (village) and the houses below, a distinction which only seemed to be important to people who lived above the border (but this dividing line only seemed present near the sportsman, when you asked people how far Stannington extended down Wood Lane you'd have got a lot of different answers)

as time has gone by the border of Stannington's district (not village mind) has spread and are now very vague

I'm of the opinion, what does it matter if people want to say they live in Stannington, you don't get any extra points for it

My point exactly :D

Chortle!

anyway, what about them pubs in Stannington eh?

;)

i live right at the top of Rural Stannington - born there. I class upto the end of Hollins lane/ start of Malin Bridge as Stannington.

I think Sid (as i know where he lives in stannington and that he drinks in a LOCAL pub) just loves the traditional aspect of the village as I do. A proper rural community.

i live right at the top of Rural Stannington - born there. I class upto the end of Hollins lane/ start of Malin Bridge as Stannington.

I think Sid (as i know where he lives in stannington and that he drinks in a LOCAL pub) just loves the traditional aspect of the village as I do. A proper rural community.

would his local be the peacock? best pub in stanny in my opinion, i must pay it a visit again in the summer

Hi does anyone know what's happening

To the pubs in Stannington hare and hounds

Looks grotty no longer a pub turnbull windows smashed and

Graffiti. deerstalker no longer a pub

Doing well I think as a gym.sportsman got new

Landlord and landlady doing ok

I'm still greiving over the Pinegrove :(