Stannington pubs

Come on then sid, what is that area called then if it's not Stannington ??

It's not Walkley, it's not Malin Bridge and it's not Loxley, what is it called ????

The gauntlet is down !

It's not Walkley, it's not Malin Bridge and it's not Loxley, what is it called ????

Does it have a name as such? Probably hall Park Head or Roscoe bank or deer Park. I don't know.

Does it have a name as such? Probably hall Park Head or Roscoe bank or deer Park. I don't know.

I know though, it's called STANNINGTON !!!!

Hall Park Head is an estate Roscoe bank is a road, as is Deer Park. Name us or Shame us !! People of Stannington unite !!

Hall Park Head is an estate Roscoe bank is a road, as is Deer Park. Name us or Shame us !! People of Stannington unite !!

Yay Patricia.

To the OP

I live on this so called 'estate', my postal address is Stannington. I don't care whether its upper, lower or round the corner its all Stannington.

The sign is many years old and areas evolve and expand over time.

If you bother to ever come out of your Ivory tower you will see that the majority of us down here are not chavs, do not have an ASBO, have fulltime jobs, do not commit crime and do not take drugs.

Unless you can definatively prove your mysterious statistics, then your sweeping and snobby generalisations will fall on deaf ears :rant:

Many years ago when I lived in Stannington ( thats above the Sportsman pub, i.e Stannington Village ) the area between Malin Bridge and Stannington Village was called Roscoe, Rivelin or the Woodlands.

Many years ago when I lived in Stannington ( thats above the Sportsman pub, i.e Stannington Village ) the area between Malin Bridge and Stannington Village was called Roscoe, Rivelin or the Woodlands.

Most people that I know differenciate the areas by calling the village 'Stannington Village' and the rest is just Stannington.

Most people do and are happy with that except Sid. Why doesnt he just start a poll on it as that seems to be his thing:loopy:

I know though, it's called STANNINGTON !!!!
You are so wrong! Stannington has always started and ended at the Sportsman Pub!get it! The area below the Sportsman,down to Malin Bridge is an area dreamt up by greedy estate agents,called Lower Stannington.Lower it may be as ( In the courts) Sheffield Star will testify,but thankfully most people do know how to behave,that live south of the true boundary!

stannington starts at malin bridge at the bottom of stannington road & goes all the way up to dungworth

stannington starts at malin bridge at the bottom of stannington road & goes all the way up to dungworth

Sorry you are wrong.

I agree with Sid - Stannington used to start at the Sportsman pub prior to the council estates being built around 1969. After that the riff raff moved in.