Gleadless, where did it go wrong?

i lived on spring close mount up untill 7 years ago,went up there to see friends the other day and thought.. god...im glad i moved off when i did.

....and asylum seekers with a chip on their shoulders. :rant: :rant: :rant:

ALL asylum seeker should be sent back.

Please note that asylum seekers are not provided with council accommodation in Gleadless Valley - or anywhere else in Sheffield.

From Sheffield City Council's fact sheeet.....

" Can they {asylum seekers} jump the housing queue ahead of local people?

No. Councils receive extra funding from the government to make housing available for asylum seekers. This is often spent to provide housing that would not otherwise be available in our communities, often by repairing housing stock in poor condition. Most of them are housed in private accommodation. None of this is paid for out of council tax.

If an asylum seeker proves their case and is accepted as a refugee, they have to find their own housing or wait on the council waiting list just the same as anyone else."

thank you redrobbo, for exposing the lies and misinformation that's spread about immigrants and asylum seekers.

i think you will find its the immigrants coming in to this country that ruining it. theycome thro other countries to get to this one!!! and its because of all the free stuff they get.

NHS being bled dry with them coming here for free treatment. we suffer cos of that. they bleeding government dry. we pay our taxes for them it seems. they get priority in everything.

Government should be doing something about it.

and government made some people racist against these immigrants because of what I stated above. obviusly you don't love this country like some of us. obviulsly you rather have immigrants taking everything from us. if they come to work then fair dos to them but most of em come for the free money and free houses. england is england. why should we care for those people who come here for free stuff. they actually travel thro Spain and France and Germany to get here!!!! Then some of em start blowing the country up and killing folk. where is that right. please do explain and make me see what yiou mean. The British ARmy should not be in Iraq for same reasons. its not our country so what the hell are we doing there. our lads getting killed out there. they should not be there. its NOT our country. surely thats right.

I did not think multiply ID's were allowed sezemeseeds.

Immigrants aren't the problem, as I have commented before. It's little englander attitudes like yours that are the problem.

The term "Little Englander" originates from the time of the Boer War and was applied to English/British people who were opposed to interventions overseas. The present day equivalent of the Boer War is the Iraq War in which over 700,000 civilians have lost their lives as a result of the failure of the American and British governments to provide adequate security. The Iraq invasion almost certainly gave rise to the 7/7 London terrorist attack, which in turn has provided the British government with a pretext for introducing increasingly repressive policing legislation.

Notwithstanding the technicalities around exactly what benefits or other public services asylum seekers/refugees or other immigrants might be entitled to, it is obvious to most clear minded people that immigration must have adverse consequences in relation to employment opportunities and the environment, and to the quality of and access to health and education services.

In respecting the right of people in countries overseas to live at peace in their own countries, and in wishing to preserve our own way of life in our own country, probably most of us are "Little Englanders" now.

In an effort to circumvent the immigrants issue, not one of the people who I have problems with around here is an immigrant.

Most of them are sterotypical 'poor white trash', benefits recipients, people with low IQs, zero work ethos and a complete disrespect for all around them.

Some of them are young people from single and dual parent families who work.

In fact everyone, bar one person, who has caused us problems that we've set eyes on (we didn't see the person who torched the car) who have caused us trouble has been white. All of them speak a variant of English - the variant which is peppered with swearwords.

So, how about we forget the immigrants issue and return to the point of the thread?

angle, the term may originate from the Boer War, and have been an acceptable attitude, then, but the attitude is not welcome now, in the Global Village.

zebra, I live on gleadless STILL. I live it everyday!!!! lived here since was 6 months old. am now 40. Think that makes me a expert on the area!!!! get a life, move, or stay and complain complain complain.

then...

GET RID OF THE DRUGGIES SHEFFIELD COUNCIL, GET RID OF THE APPALLING SCUM YOU PUT HERE, GET RID OF THE IMMIGRANTS AND PUT THEM ALL IN A SKIP WHERE THEY SHOULD BE. LEAVE THE DECENT FOLK ALONE AND GIVE THEM A GREAT ESTATE ONCE AGAIN.

Is that not a sort of complaining?

having lived in gleadless since childhood, the fault lies with the council!!

Whilst I agree with you about the moving of 'problem' tennants from doomed old blocks, contributing to problems in other areas, (and as much as I'm not the biggest fan in the world of councils in general), I don't think problems are caused by the council, it's just society in general. If you search the web, or more close to home, search the Sheffield Forum, there are similar problems in most areas.

And if to make a sweeping statement I said 'it's the fault of the youth', this could then be redirected towards bad parenting in todays society, probably (IMO) brought on by people having no self respect because they're better off living on benefits than they would be from working.

The British ARmy should not be in Iraq for same reasons. its not our country so what the hell are we doing there. our lads getting killed out there. they should not be there. its NOT our country. surely thats right.

And all that's happening in Gleadless is it?

Have you not heard about the oil underneath GV?:suspect: :suspect:

:hihi: sorry redrobbo, must be my imagination. was so sure that asylum seekers live on the valley. used to have some as neighbours. actually they were quite nice, mind yoiu one was actually american. was unreal how much they got off the council. child gates, new curtain rails, all put up by the council too. child gates put up by the council, honestly. I had to buy my own for my children and put them up myself.!!

:hihi:

:hihi: sorry redrobbo, must be my imagination. was so sure that asylum seekers live on the valley. used to have some as neighbours. actually they were quite nice, mind yoiu one was actually american. was unreal how much they got off the council. child gates, new curtain rails, all put up by the council too. child gates put up by the council, honestly. I had to buy my own for my children and put them up myself.!!

:hihi:

yeah, that's right, the council have a specific "department of child-gates..."

also, I never knew that anyone had sought asylum in sheffield from the USA. that must be a first.

actually its right. they had a baby just after I did and the council provided and fitted child gates, only two mind, but I had to buy mine and she asked me why cos she got them free.

And she WAS american. met hubby in america, but he had to leave, something to do with green card or something, they then went to Jordan, where he was from. lived there for a while then had to get out cos of her being american. came to sheffield, even tho she had relatives down the country somewhere who were well off. she wore all the headscarves and stuff tho. he was getting credit cards and the like all over the place. eventually got moved to new house cos of problems with an idiot neighbour (white british) who threw paint on their car and generally was abusive to them. they were moved within 2 days of this happening.

my parents had trouble with upstairs neighbour for over 7 years and she still living above them and council never offered to move my parents, even though trouble from upstairs has been constant and bad, abusive.