Gleadless, where did it go wrong?

hope they be more joining in. Halibut how about you, know you live at hillsboro but yoiu said the people at winn gardens doing something about their area. perhaps you could give us some ideas?

off to bed now cos am so tired. will check updates on this thread and once meeting is arranged let me know and I will be there.

night night all:wave: :wave:

hope they be more joining in. Halibut how about you, know you live at hillsboro but yoiu said the people at winn gardens doing something about their area. perhaps you could give us some ideas?

off to bed now cos am so tired. will check updates on this thread and once meeting is arranged let me know and I will be there.

night night all:wave: :wave:

I'm busy enough right now thanks, but good on you and the rest for having a go! If you'd like to learn about what's been done on Winn Gardens, Fox20thC's your man. (Or rather woman!) I'm sure she'd be a useful person to help with ideas and stuff. Good luck.

quarry may cause a problem. am sure there are tunnels under there somewhere. old shafts too I think but not 100% on that one. the tunnels I think are there. thats why no houses or house have ever been built on it.

Hmm, never knew that, might need to get someone from council along to meeting then.

now Im certian of that but good idea to get council out to it first. they surely still have documentation of the quarry still. and also might cause problems cos of the houses there up along side of the quarry and along the top of it. dont want to dampen your ideas cos is a great idea. but have to look at everything. will come and join in the meet with you all and hopefully I can be helpful.

If GV is such a good place to live why are houses coming up for sale so fast?

By that criteria, Zeb, Meersbrook must be a crap place to live (i use this area as an example cos i go through it quite regularly, also cos its classed as a 'nicer' area- goodness knows why, i lived on Rushdale for 2 years). Go down Rushdale Rd/Valley RD/Albert Rd any day of the week and see how many houses are for sale there

So, does that mean you're going to come and meet with us too gabby?

Desres, glad to have you on board. Any idea which dept at the council we should contact about the quarry then?

Thinking about it that part of Meersbrook has gone down hill anyway. We looked at a property on Rushdale and decided to give it a miss because of the stone throwing youths on the day of the viewing.

I have a friend on Valley Rd desperate to move and I'm pretty sure it had become a no go area for pizza delivery at one stage.

So I would say it's another good starter area but not great to stay.

However, property prices don't tell me if you'll be coming to the meeting?

I think the £56k that your referring to is property bought from the council by tenants some years ago who got a discount.

As for doing something positive for the area Im not the one complaining about the area, I do a lot of work in the community of the Manor where their is real disadvantage and real crime statistics to worry about.

Sorry if you think Im wrong for "defending my patch" but like I say all i can do is share my experience of living on Gleadless which is a damn good experience

My info is for the recent advertising of the 3 floor town houses on Blackstock Rd. Only a few weeks ago. There were also two of the upside down maisonette style houses going in the same price bracket, same as they were 2 years ago.

Also our own property was fairly low. Lower than most across the city.

We compare all the prices of the nearby properties as they go on the market. None go for more than 95k even with the adaptations to 4 beds and porches or conservatories.

You can defend your patch and it's fine to do it but my statements remain true. Just because where you live isn't so bad doesn't change the fact that mine is terrible.

I've come to the conclusion that some people who are insistant I'm in the wrong must just be embarrassed becauee I'm actually right.

Property prices in S14 TODAY

Middle Hay View, Gleadless Valley, Sheffield £55,000 cheapest property listed on the whole website!

Fleury Crescent, Gleadless Valley, Sheffield £69,950

Fleury Road, Sheffield £74,950

Spring Close View, Gleadless Valley, £59,950

Gleadless Road, Gleadless Valley, £64,950

Gaunt Road, Gleadless Valley, £84,950

They're just from 2 property websites.

If you don't think that 11.7 percent of all of Sheffield crime is serious enough or that they aren't real you probably ought to find out for yourself from your own sources so can you believe it since you clearly don't believe me.

Valley mob you are spot on - I won't change my mind, I'm armed with facts and experience. No one can give me any statistics to refute mine I notice!

Redrobbo's figures correspond with mine.

If GV is such a good place to live why are houses coming up for sale so fast? Houses don't often come up for sale in good areas! It's because there's such a terrible first time buyers market out there. GV is a good place to begin with a cheap property, make a profit as house prices inflate faster than monetary inflation itself, sell and move to a better area. No one actually wants to live around here. The people who lived in our house before us stayed 18 months. Enough time to realise just how bad it was and go after working on the house enough to make a sale again.

Are you unable to admit that perhaps you haven't seen the bigger picture, maybe there's more going on that you are aware of and maybe is really is that bad!

think you need to have a look at this link http://www.rightmove.co.uk/search.rsp?lo_u=1210329&lo_n=S14+1AQ&se_c=1&poi_e=0&poi_n=0&se_t=1.0&nh_st=1&stc_s=false&tr_t=buy&pa_n=2&re_s=price&eventsubmit_dosearch=1&initial_search_time=1180597988821

The prices you quoted in your above posts are for FLATS not HOUSES which is probably why they are priced pretty low, the house prices start at around 89-upwards, even one near me on blackstock is up for 159.000 and another was sold for 110.000, a house on spotswood went for 104.000!!!

You stated that none go for more than 94 but this is absolute rubbish, i paid 99.000 for my house on gleadless valley and on my mums road not one has gone for less than 98.000 so that blows yr post right out the water!!!

Myself B1 And Valley Mob have all spoken to councillor R Telfor And Gary Weatheral so have the youths. We attended meetings with them in the hope we could get a youth club started. We have also had talks with the Headteacher at a local school to see if we could use their premises in the holidays or at night to run playschemes with the children but i have to admit NOT because we have any trouble with youths simply because we no they are bored and there is nothing around here for the kids to do

Myself B1 And Valley Mob have all spoken to councillor R Telfor And Gary Weatheral so have the youths. We attended meetings with them in the hope we could get a youth club started. We have also had talks with the Headteacher at a local school to see if we could use their premises in the holidays or at night to run playschemes with the children but i have to admit NOT because we have any trouble with youths simply because we no they are bored and there is nothing around here for the kids to do

Yes i can back this up !!! Am i mistaken but didnt you take the youths for a game of rounders on a open field on overend not so long ago ? Didnt the police get called and 3 police cars came to you all ? 6 Adults and 8 children 3 police cars and you was told to move,But yet a youth was all over the pathway on a mini motto no helmet what done NOTHING :loopy:

i would'nt bother sall cos know matter what you say to zebra :roll: she will not have it ,as for the houses prices there well out of date,around near me three went up for sale prices were 90 to 110 thousand all went with in a week and half

so if gleadless is so bad why are the houses going so fast and at high prices ,even my houses has been priced at 110 thousand not bad to say i only paid 19,850 for it but then i have made it nice and spent alot on it but thats cos i love living on gleadless :thumbsup:

and i thought we had done well with our house!!!!

bought it in 2001 for £26K. last year had it valued at £90-95K

we too have spent a lot on improvements (ie: conservatory etc) and i also LOVE living on gleadless

Valley mob you are spot on - I won't change my mind, I'm armed with facts and experience. No one can give me any statistics to refute mine I notice!

I've allready given you the 3 latest house sales for Constable Road that were very different to the figures you stated!

The most recent house to sell on Blackstock also went for 110k so I will dispute your house price evidence until I'm blue in the face! ;)