I want a credit card...

Basically do you recommend a credit card? Im suite new to interest rates etc so whats the deal with it, is there any certain place best to go with?

I have an egg credit card, interest rates about 9% I think they do individual interest rates depending on your spending. I like it because you can keep track of it online, never had any problems with it. Have a look at their website http://www.egg.com

Avoid all credit cards if you can.

If you can't afford it, simply dont have it. (apart from mortgages)

Basically do you recommend a credit card? Im suite new to interest rates etc so whats the deal with it, is there any certain place best to go with?

i have a good cedit card, you get up to 8 weeks interest credit as long as you pay it on time. i have made lots of purchases on it and have never paid a penny interest

Don't do it. It's a highway to hell.

Don't do it. It's a highway to hell.

In fact, it's worse than that. Credit cards are simply highly efficient tools for getting into debt. And buying crap that you don't need.

Why on earth do you think you need one?

In fact, it's worse than that. Credit cards are simply highly efficient tools for getting into debt. And buying crap that you don't need.

Not that i need one, was just wondering...

I used to think the same, but a lot of places don't accept debit cards- especially online. But like suzan, I too haven't paid a penny of interest since getting my credit card, because I clear my balance at the end of the month. Apparently the problem starts when people start only paying off the minimum balance every month & let their debt spiral out of control.

I have a PayPal one. I wanted one as my banks (Natwest & Nationwide ) either refused me a card (nationwide) due to points ? and having a rubbish SOLO whats no good for anything ( natwest). I needed one to re-activate the selling bit on my eBay account.

I went to capital one , Refused but if i wanted one i had to give them £200 as a bond to get a £200 credit limit :loopy:

I went to PayPal, they gave me a BIG FAT YES and £3,000 credit limit.:huh:

I use around £150 amonth on it , mainly cos' i get paid monthly and it's not a regular type . My payday changes according to the last Friday of the month.

If your gonna get one, don't give up on the 1st No :D

Not that i need one, was just wondering...

It's a very slippery slope, Ryan - think hard and long before you go there...

StarSparkle