Could there have been another Hillsborough Disaster last night

and if so do you think Liverpool fans should actually take some of the blame for the incident at Hillsborough!!

In the press there moaning and groaning about it, but to me they (LFC Fans) are totally to blame, hundreds and hundreds of fans trying to get in (And actually got in either without tickets or fakes)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A23024198?s_fromedit=1

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6686867.stm

Thousands and thousands of LFC fans have stated that their tickets were not even checked on entry!!

If Sheff U were playing in a CL Final and you could get in without a 'real' ticket, would you??

Thousands and thousands of LFC fans have stated that their tickets were not even checked on entry!!

If Sheff U were playing in a CL Final and you could get in without a 'real' ticket, would you??

no because i wouldnt want it to be another hillsbrough.

There was numerous reports of Liverpool fans mugging other Liverpool fans for there tickets on the radio, in the city centre and around the stadium.

When watching the news last yesterday, broadcast from the airport in liverpool, it was obvious that far,far more fans were traveling to athens than had tickets.

It seems common sence that people should be stopped from traveling to the event if they don't have a ticket. This would prevent some of the problems we saw yesterday

has anyone noticed that every time an english team has been abroad this season and theres been trouble its always been down to the heavy handedness of the police even though its happened in differnt countries and withdiffernt teams

When watching the news last yesterday, broadcast from the airport in liverpool, it was obvious that far,far more fans were traveling to athens than had tickets.

It seems common sence that people should be stopped from traveling to the event if they don't have a ticket. This would prevent some of the problems we saw yesterday

Half of Glasgow decamped to Seville in 2003 and Lisbon in 67, and there were no such hassles.

The scenes were worrying, the ticket allocation to both teams didn,t help though. Theres 100s of blokes outside there who hadn't missed a Liverpool match in 40 years.

And we all know what football means to the scousers.

Just had a quick look on one of Liverpools forums to get a Liverpool supporters view point. Here's just one example.

after all the events of yesterday, i must say that my faith in other liverpool "fans" as diminished somewhat.

To say the day was a let down is a understatement!

First of all, i arrived at Liverpool John Lennon at 0030 weds. My flight was due t leave at 0230 but was delayed until 0600. We finally set off at 0715 and the service of the cabin crew was terrible. No food or drink.

We arrived at Athens airport at 1300 and was taken to a tent that was just like the military set up in Basra for their planes.

We wasn't given a choice of transport, we were just put on a coach and sent to omonia station. No directions for Santagna square were given and so i walked the half mile to the square.

The fans there were in a great mood considering the lack of pubs, stalls for food and lack of toilets. The flags were out and the songs were great.

I had to pay 70euro's for a box of smirnoff ice and 30 euros for 8 cans of warm amstel off some gypsies (well, they weren't gypsies, but i was ******off with them for ripping me off).

When it was due to leave for the stadium we headed to theunderground and the atmosphere down there was great. We were only singing and even though the trains were full to the brim we didn't cause trouble. However, the greek police thought it was appropriate to use batons to order those who missed first train, back away from platform.

When i did catch the scond train, the atmosphere on it was great. Until, we arrived at stadium. The doors of the train opened and the greeks just weilded in demanding tickets and grabbing anyone who raised their voice sat their heavy armed tactics.

When we (me,mum and sister) went through the first "barrier", i was shocked at first the ineffectiveness of the barriers. (just metal fencing that we use over here for building sites). Secondly, the nastiness of some of our so-called fans.

One lad wanted to kick off with a man in his 60's because he told him to be calm. The thug told him to "**** off, or get his head caved in".

I and some others intervened and told the lad to behave, but the problem was that their were many others intent on causing major trouble for the genuine fans with real tickets and the authorities!

Getting through that gate was hard. I had to help two young girls through who were crying and getting crushed due to the number of thugs trying to get through the barriers without tickets. One man with his young son had to go through this with his young lad screaming because he thought he was gonna die. (yes, he said that, cos i was at the side of the kid)

After this, their was a couple more "security checkpoints". But, they didn't serve a positive purpose. They just bottle-necked fans again causing further disturbance.

At the final point their were stewards checking for fakes etc. When you passed them, you came to armed police again and they just treated you like s.h.it. They took everything off me including lypsil for fuc..k sake.

Inside the stadium the atmosphere was great but i did see a very big influx of ticketless fans run into the stadium. (these are the ones that ran the turnstile and give the police no choice but to use tear gas etc)

After the game, the signs for those going back to the airport were a joke. When we finally got back, we were sheparded back to the "tent". The passport control was a farce and again people were getting squashed. But, this was purely the authorities fault. (leon can back me up here, cos i saw him there. he later lost it with some liitle upstart who wouldn't let him go the back steps of the plane!

Finally, sat on the plane most of us were knackered and fed up. Even if we had won the atmosphere would of been of relief at getting home away from that so-called great city.

I really don't know what uefa were thinking in giving athens a final that they couldnt cope with. However, the tickets were so poor that anyone could of copied them. So, on that point i can't blame people for chancing it.

But, ultimately, the blame should be left at the feet of those so called liverpool fans who abused and threatened their own and were intent on creating havoc and violence for the police. The police were terrible though. They acted no differently to those that you saw in Heysel. (i've watched the videos and have been told of the event by my mum and dad who went)

I hope those that caused this trouble feel ashamed today to call themselves liverpool fans.

I also hope that uefa acts on its ideas for places for finals. I see that moscow is the next stop. If liverpool get there then i definately ain't going. But uefa is corrupt to the bone and it was quite appropriate that the team that cheated for years and was allowed back in immediately and won. Platini was happy as hell as even now, he believes it was liverpool fans 110% who caused the trouble in 85.

That's another story though. What i'm really dis-appointed in, is the so-called fans that haven't listened or absorbed the horrible events of Hillsbrough.

Sorry it was so long but i needed to get that off my chest.

What is it about Liverpool fans Heysal, Hillsborough and now Athens Can't be just a coincedence can it?

mmmm...... Big Match, all ticket, hundreds / thousands of Liverpool fans turning up without tickets and trying to rush the gates to get in. And any resulting trouble is all the fault of everybody else except the fans..... now where have I heard that before.