Sign in to follow this  

Weird circle in the trees near High Storrs

About six months ago while I was playing on Google Earth I noticed a huge circle in the trees next to High Storrs!!! I imagine that it is about 200 metres across. About a month ago I went out there with my friend Allen went up there while very drunk and could'nt find a thing.

Have a go on Google Earth yourself and tell me that I am not going crazy. If you know what it is let me know.

The images on 'Google Earth' are usually several years out of date, so whatever it is you spotted, the area may have simply changed.

P.S. As you asked for it - You are 'bot' going crazy. ;)

Why would someone repost the exact same message in this manner.

How odd. :loopy:

I think that he feels the need to remind us that he does have a friend .. called Allen! :hihi:

I didn't see the post last November, but I can tell you what it is. It is still there, but it's very big and overgrown. It's the remains of a road way the council began to build early last century (around 1905 I think. )There was a plan to build 'workmen's housing' on the Roughs, and this would have been the main road. The plan was dropped and it simply became a very wide path. It curves round and at the top end runs on a high embankment. You can follow it from the path near the bridge on Hangingwater Road, and keep to the left fork. It goes round in a long curve and becomes increasingly overgrown and boggy, but you can follow it with a bit of effort. There's a history of the Roughs being published this summer by the Friends of the Porter Valley, and there's a guided walk on the Roughs on Saturday 2nd June, starting from the car park at Wire Mill Dam on Whiteley Wood Road at 10.30. which I'm sure will include at least part of the track.

I know i posted it months ago, but never got a good explanation. But thanks to algy I now know.