CCTV To be Installed at Hillsborough Corner

Other councils are different, the roads and traffic schemes in Sheffield area quite appalling and this becomes apparent as soon as one approaches the city from other towns, Parkway being a prime example. (Quote)

How is driving on the Parkway into Sheffield any different to driving into Leeds, Manchester, Bradford, Nottingham,Birmingham, Hull etc. I have to drive to the centre of most of these many times over the year.At different times, of the day and they can all be just as bad as entering Sheffield if not worse.

I drove in and out of Leeds, Manchester, Bradford and Sheffield only yesterday The others were are all easier than Sheffield because they have direct routes to the city centre, ring roads all the way round and fast through routes to get from one side to the other. The road surfaces are also in better condition.

What got to me was when I was driving a white van around Sheffield and I had a schedule to keep to. Then, and I am going back seven years now the average speed in Sheffield according to the AA was 12MPH. I suspect it is lower now and the other night it took an hour to get from Brook Hill Roundabout to West Bar.

Anyway the sheer frustration of it was one of the main reasons for my taking redundancy. Hardly a good recommendation for the town planners it it?

Am I right in thinking these cameras etc should be functional now?

I have seen a number of cars go through the junction contrary to signage - wondering if anyone has had/heard of freind having a ticket yet?

Am I right in thinking these cameras etc should be functional now?

I have seen a number of cars go through the junction contrary to signage - wondering if anyone has had/heard of freind having a ticket yet?

The cameras have been in operation since 18th June. From that date, there is a two week period where warning notices will be issued, then the fines start.

The cameras have been in operation since 18th June. From that date, there is a two week period where warning notices will be issued, then the fines start.

Im honestly not having a dig, just a genuine question, what will the money raised from these fines go towards?

Im honestly not having a dig, just a genuine question, what will the money raised from these fines go towards?

Initially the income will go towards paying for the system costs. After that the money can only be spent on local highways, transport and road safety schemes.

Initially the income will go towards paying for the system costs. After that the money can only be spent on local highways, transport and road safety schemes.

Ta for the speedy reply! Does that include resurfacing roads? I think there would be a lot more support for this scheme if the money went towards something drivers could see themselves benefiting from, as opposed to yet more road bumps and narrowing junctions.