CCTV To be Installed at Hillsborough Corner

Todays Star confirms that CCTV cameras will be installed and working by 18th June to be used for the Tram/Bus gate enforcement. There will be a 2 week grace period where offenders will be issued with warning notices and from then on all offenders will be prosecuted (£60 fixed penalty notices). It does not state whether the enforcement will be 24/7 or whether it will just be rush hour times.

For some reason I have a mental image of the video being in sepia tones and all jerky like a Mitchel & Kenyon film.

Todays Star confirms that CCTV cameras will be installed and working by 18th June to be used for the Tram/Bus gate enforcement. There will be a 2 week grace period where offenders will be issued with warning notices and from then on all offenders will be prosecuted (£60 fixed penalty notices). It does not state whether the enforcement will be 24/7 or whether it will just be rush hour times.

We've been told it will be enforced from 7am to 7pm. Local retailers aren't all that happy about it being enforced at lunchtime!

Apparently they're putting in massive Variable Message Signs that will warn drivers during enforced hours, which is an improvement.

I still think that lunchtime enforcement is a mistake and that we need a proper review of traffic and parking management in the surrounding area - but it's better than what we had before.

Apparently they're putting in massive Variable Message Signs that will warn drivers during enforced hours, which is an improvement.

I hope these are going to be a good way before Hillsborough Place. People need plenty of warning to turn off, or it'll be even more choas with cars trying to sneakily back up!

I hope these are going to be a good way before Hillsborough Place. People need plenty of warning to turn off, or it'll be even more choas with cars trying to sneakily back up!

Yes, particularly when it's £60 at stake! :D

I'll check where they are exactly and let you know...

I expect they will just replace the existing signs at the points where the enforcements commence.

Langsett Rd junction with Ripley St

Middlewood Rd Junction with Taplin Rd or Hillsborough Rd

No right turn from Holme Lane into Langsett Rd

No right turn from Rudyard Rd onto Langsett Rd

No left turn from Forbes Rd onto Langsett Rd

I noticed that the big sign that is at the bottom of Ripley street was missing today - is that in preparation for the new wonder signs?

Enforcement times should be linked to the times of operation of the bus/tram gate concerned. No entry means no entry. Hope we see more of them.

Which quite clearly means that the bus and tram gate should only operate during the peak hours. Maybe 8 - 10 and 1530 - 1800.

Will they also prosecute tram(especially) and bus drivers who continually block off the crossing,due to not having room to clear the lights.Bradfield rd through to Holme Lane is particularly bad?

looks like no more shopping at hillsborough for me .. it will be chaos ..

Will they also prosecute tram(especially) and bus drivers who continually block off the crossing,due to not having room to clear the lights.Bradfield rd through to Holme Lane is particularly bad?

I am not a supporter of the tram system and sit and fume every time that occurs...............BUT it is drivers ignoring the bus and tram gate signs that clog up the roads in front of the tram that ultimately cause this. Just try judging whether your 26.5metre lump of metal will clear the junction behind you:hihi: