Latest Transfer Chat

Just noticed this in today's Guardian Liverpool set Bellamy's asking price at £12m because of course a season in which he scored a massive 9 goals in 42 games and attacked one of his team mates with a golf club should certainly double his value :loopy:

I couldn't believe that either, he has to be one of the most over rated ever premiership players

I couldn't believe that either, he has to be one of the most over rated ever premiership players

Many centre halfs have stated that playing against Bellamy is a nightmare!!

His pace is electric as his his gob :D

£12 million though :hihi: :hihi: I doubt it. £7 - £8 million is a little more realistic i think.

He's a guy I think I'd want paying to take him on. A sure-fire rabble-rouser, yes, he has pace but it hasn't been seen to much effect at Anfield. Benitez is reportedly moaning for some money to spend, but I think he's wasted plenty already and Bellamy is one such mystery.

He's a guy I think I'd want paying to take him on. A sure-fire rabble-rouser, yes, he has pace but it hasn't been seen to much effect at Anfield. Benitez is reportedly moaning for some money to spend, but I think he's wasted plenty already and Bellamy is one such mystery.

£6 Million is what we payed for him.

When you have £30 million to spend on a striker as Chelsea and Man U then you can choose your man more carefully and ultimetally get your star man (although not in shevchenko's case).

Now we have money to buy at the top of the market instead of the middle section, i think you will see a difference.

I see nobody has any comments on the Eto'o and Tevez rumours????

Rest my case!!

Eto'o would be a pretty incredible signing for Liverpool and would be good to see him in the Premiership, although I doubt that he'll make the move; isn't he contracted with Barca till 2010?

We've agreed a price for Hargreaves which is a step in the right direction, we're linked with Berbatov who'd be a great signing but I think it's unlikely spurs will sell him especially considering we got Carrick off the poor sods :P

We're also linked with Nani (a young lad from Sporting Lisbon who apparently is nearly as good as Ronaldo) and Torress (spanish striker).

Should be quite interesting to see how it all turns out. Paul, you might be a little disheartened to see how LFC's owner's are reluctant about giving Benitez cash though. And, although you're right that Liverpool don't necessarily have £30 Mill to splash on a striker, your team has cost around £100,000,000ish i think, so show some heart for the poorer teams :P

Arsenal will be good next year unfortunatly, the ******s :D

Liverpool would be a real step down from Barcelona so I'll believe that move when I see it, Tevez seems somewhat more realistic I guess it depends very much on how much cash Liverpool have left after servicing their debt.

I really hope united don't sign Owen (unless his wages are strongly linked to playing or something) it's bad enough having one semi permanently crocked striker we don't need another.

Also we need someone who can do the job that Saha does for us when he's fit and that isn't Owen.

Liverpool would be a real step down from Barcelona so I'll believe that move when I see it.

I really hate these comments you make about a big player signing for Liverpool being a step down! You read Eto'o's comments so he obviously see's us as a big club with a massive potential what with the players we already have, new stadium etc. He also touches on the fact that playing infront of the Kop is a massive pull for him. It's obvious Pleck that Liverpool are only a couple of signing's from being a serious challenger to the title and with the likes of Eto'o and Tevez and these types of players being attracted to Liverpool, it shows that they do see Liverpool as a big club unlike your comments suggest!

Tevez seems somewhat more realistic I guess it depends very much on how much cash Liverpool have left after servicing their debt.

Pleck, money is there to spend as the new owners have constently stated!!

The problem at the moment is not that money isn't there, but that Benitez fears the deals for new players is not developing quick enough! With Man U having more than double the dept of Liverpool and yet still having significant funds to spend, you of all people should know that dept is easily managable along with providing extra funds for transfer's when needed.

Heinze in talks with Real Madrid.

This pleases me, as for my money he has gone downhill since his injury, and looks slow and ponderous at times.

Heinze in talks with Real Madrid.

This pleases me, as for my money he has gone downhill since his injury, and looks slow and ponderous at times.

With Man U having plenty of cover at LB, this is good business for United i'd say!!

Liverpool have apparently almost concluded the signing of G Millito. A solid defender who has turned down numerous offers so that he can realise his dream of playing for Liverpool. I must admit, i've not seen a great deal of him, heard he is a no nonsense, solid defender though.

He also touches on the fact that playing infront of the Kop is a massive pull for him.

Seeing that Liverpool are going to move away from Anfield, and the Kop is probably going to demolished; this may not be that much of an attraction.