Latest Transfer Chat

SIDWELL - agreed to join Chelsea on a free, so what's his wages?

http://www.sportinglife.com/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/05/22/SOCCER_Chelsea_2nd_Nightlead.html

SIBIERSKI - is reported to have told Newcastle that unless they extend the offer of a one-year contract, to two, he will leave the club.

There you are Antoine, there's the Barrack Road door! Who do you think you are?

SIDWELL - agreed to join Chelsea on a free, so what's his wages??

I don't know! What i do know is that unless he can dislodge Essien and Lampard, which he isn't going to do, he will be another talent sat on the bench rotting. Silly lad could have had a pick from alot of decent sides and played regular first team football. Instead, he decides to go to Stamford Bridge, sit on the bench, draw his wages, because Chelsea were the team that offered him the most.

Deserves what he gets i say!!

Last I heard it was £50k a week. Essien will be commited to African Nations tournament next year, Lampard will probably have England commitments, Makelele is leaving, so with Chelsea involved with Prem, CL and domestic cups I don't think Sidewell will be on the bench all the time. He might even go out on loan untill he is needed. You want to make your mind up on here. One minute you're saying that Chelsea pay rediculous prices for players, trying to buy the league title and when they sign a player on a Free for a perfectly sensible reason, you slag them off.

Think YOU might be in for a shock Paul when Benitez has his summer clearout/change around.

Last I heard it was £50k a week. Essien will be commited to African Nations tournament next year, Lampard will probably have England commitments, Makelele is leaving, so with Chelsea involved with Prem, CL and domestic cups I don't think Sidewell will be on the bench all the time. He might even go out on loan untill he is needed.

Yeah mate see your point. A good young player, cabable of playing in 75% of premiership teams, settling for either a couple of games when others are on international duty, or to be shipped out on loan??

By the way, i was not critisising Chelsea for the transfer of the player. I was questioning the reasons of the player moving to Chelsea!

Wouldn't you want to play for one of the top teams in the country? Look at the result with SWP. Everybody said he would be stuck on the bench shortly after he arrived. Now look at him, Sidwell could go the same way and end up playing for his country. At least Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool can boast about being the main suppliers to the National Side.

Spurs are said to have agreed a fee with Southampton for defender, Gareth Bale.

I don't know! What i do know is that unless he can dislodge Essien and Lampard, which he isn't going to do, he will be another talent sat on the bench rotting. Silly lad could have had a pick from alot of decent sides and played regular first team football. Instead, he decides to go to Stamford Bridge, sit on the bench, draw his wages, because Chelsea were the team that offered him the most.

Deserves what he gets i say!!

Yes, well the reason it took so long to be agreed is that he insisted on a shorter term contract so that if it doesn't work out he can walk away. Seems like a sensible lad to me.

Think YOU might be in for a shock Paul when Benitez has his summer clearout/change around.

I wont.

At a minimum I expect one of Alonso or Sissoko to move on, I also expect one of Crouch or Kuyt to go (along with Bellamy), plus a few more of the 'squad' players.

Wouldn't you want to play for one of the top teams in the country? Look at the result with SWP. Everybody said he would be stuck on the bench shortly after he arrived. Now look at him, Sidwell could go the same way and end up playing for his country. At least Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool can boast about being the main suppliers to the National Side.

Only a fool would say that SWP has made any progress at Chelsea.

He flourished at city and was becoming an England regular. Then the greedy sod went for the megabucks move and was left to rot on the bench amongst the rest of the overpaid hasbeens. He is now, at best, a bit part player, and well out of the England reckoning at this time.

I think Sidwell will follow the same path as Scott Parker did. Think he'll be at another team in 12-18 months time.

What does everyone think about Bale to Spurs?

Only a fool would say that SWP has made any progress at Chelsea.

He flourished at city and was becoming an England regular. Then the greedy sod went for the megabucks move and was left to rot on the bench amongst the rest of the overpaid hasbeens. He is now, at best, a bit part player, and well out of the England reckoning at this time.

I wouldn't have paid £10m for him, he's so lightweight. Often totally ineffective and last Saturday out-muscled all the time by Heinze. There have been several times when Kalou has looked far more dangerous.

That said, I think City have missed SWP in what has been a pretty abject attack. No way is he international standard.