Names of "houses" in Sheffield schools

I was a Goth.

Cool, Eh?:cool::cool::cool:

When were you at High Storrs Eater Sundae?

I went to Abbeydale Infant and Junior then the secondary mod attached to it (not bright enough to pass the eleven plus but have got a degree since!) and our school houses were Welbeck (green), Chatsworth (yellow), Hadden or is it Haddon (Blue) and Hardwick (red). We had interhouse competitions and took pride in winning points for our house. The competition in schools now seems much more aggressive (speaking as an x-teacher) and is all about the individual. All the team spirit has gone.

the other one was stuart..I was at Stradbroke early seventies, left 77.

Fiona (Fairclough as was). do you know me?

i went to City School, Stradbroke we had "houses" of Tudor, Lancaster, York cant remember the other one!!

The other one was Stuart (yellow one..mine). I was at Stradbroke early 70's. left in '77. Fiona (Fairclough as was)..Do you know me?

I was at Shirecliffe middle school in the 1970's and the house names were Scott, Grenfell, Nelson and Kingsley

I went to King Ecgbert's Technical School for Girls in the mid 60's. We had houses named after female saints. Mine was St. Anne's.

I went to Firth Park Comp in the seventies and seem to remember that the house names were the names of the rivers in Sheffield.... Rivelin, Don, Loxley (blue), Porter (green) and Sheaf (yellow)... Cannot remember that much, just that I always wished I could be in Loxley and ended up in Sheaf ...

Muffin wrote: When Ecclesfield was a real school it had Wycliffe, Bronte, Strafford, Lady Mabel, Priestley and Fairfax.

I went to Ecclesfield when it wasn't a real school, and our houses were Eagle, Kestrel, Hawk, and Falcon. I was in Falcon with all the duffers. I don't think we won a thing - we should have been called Hufflepuff.

I went to an imaginary school at Ecclesfield :hihi: and the houses then were also Eagle, Kestrel, Hawk and Falcon - I was in Hawk

i went to abbeydale middle school in the late 60s 70s and we had Hardwick, Chatsworth, Haddon and ??? I remember being in Haddon which I think was red!!! cant remember the last one!!