Names of "houses" in Sheffield schools

At King Ted's in the '50s the School Houses had the names of stately homes, or dukes, I'm not sure which. There were eight of them. I remember Arundel, Chatsworth, Haddon and Wentworth - I'm not sure of the names of the others. I wonder if KES still has them.

I went to Huntsman's Gardens and the lad who was the smartest in our class was called Beverley Crapper. He went to King Edwards in the early '50s and I often wonder what happened to him. Anyone out there with any clues? Frank

Woodhouse Grammar was Sherwood (green), Rotherwood (Red), Hallam (Blue) and Ivanhoe (Yellow).

Hi went to hillsborough where they were names of local streets Warner ,Willis ,Wynyard and Dixon that was late 60's early 70's. Then at chaucer from 73/79 where they were steel firms Hallam(blue),Mapin(Yellow), Firth(green) and Osbourne(red).

I attended Greystones Secondary School in the 1950's when the houses

were named after lords of the manor of Sheffield ( Furnival, Lovetot. Howard

and Talbot )

I went to Mansel schooland our house wer Normans, Saxons, Danes and Celts I was in Norman house

I was at Huntsman's Gardens where we had the names of steel works, isn't that surprising. Atlas, Norfolk, Cyclops and Hecla. I wonder if these still exist?

I went to Bankwood too (it was called Rollestone before they changed it because it sounded too much like Rowlinson) and I was in Windsor too.

I went to Gleadless Valley we had Tudor Hanover Stewart and Windsor from what I read of the Gleadless valley today it would be Crack speed skag and Gange.

I went to Springfield Junior school, and we had " houses " there too. I can remember 3 of them being, Fitzwilliam, Devonshire, and Mappin. Danged if I can remember the 4th one though. Should be easy I know, but there ya go. I remember we all had to get into our given teams for P.E too, and wear a team band of that colour.

In the late eighties at Ecclesfield we have Cowley, Housely, and two other local houses that I can no longer remember the names of. I think we then changed to birds of prey which didnt quite have the same local ring to it.

Come on Carbrook C o E Peeps

st andrew blue, st patrick green, st george ,thats all i can remmember.:loopy:

Glad you put those on here, been going crazy trying to remember them, I left at Christmas 1961, what about you?