Names of "houses" in Sheffield schools

Houses at Park Hill Juniors in the 70's were:

Hawk (Red)

Eagle (Yellow)

Falcon (Green)

Kestral (Blue)

Eagle were always last at sports day

When I was at High Stoors in the late Seventies and early Eighties the four houses were called Carey,Catcliffe, Herring and Hoffman

We have done High Storrs to death, earlier in the thread, (BTW, you and I would have been there at broadly similar times, iIwas there till 1980.

Miss Catliffe wouldn't thank you for spelling her name like that, though ! ;) lol ;)

PT

i went to shortbrook school in the eighties and we had armstrong,barnard chichester and hilary i was in barnard

Well, Well, Well, so was I (both) 4 years earlier than you of course :thumbsup:

I was in Weston. Can't remember us winning anything much. I think Millouses won everything mostly!

I was in Weston. Can't remember us winning anything much. I think Millouses won everything mostly!

True, even in my year Weston came last in everything :hihi:

Very dull ours - Asterley, Heeley, Martin and Griffiths - after the first four housemasters I believe.

I was at King Ecgberts in the 60's-70' and the houses then were (if I can remember correctly)

St. Margaret

St.Anne

St Hilda

St. Cecelia

St. Joan

There may have been another one but I can't remember (such a long time ago) They could also have changed when we went comp with Abbeydale in 1969 I think it was and thryintroduced BOYS. They probably wouldn't like all the female saints names.

We have done High Storrs to death, earlier in the thread, (BTW, you and I would have been there at broadly similar times, iIwas there till 1980.

Miss Catliffe wouldn't thank you for spelling her name like that, though ! ;) lol ;)

PT

Sorry PT but Barbara's name was spelt CATTLIFF!

Notre Dame 47-52

Red Our Lord

Green St Joseph

Blue Our Lady

Gold Blessed Mere Julie who founded the Notre Dame order of nuns.

Hazel

When I was at Notre Dame in the early 90s it was

Red - Firth

Yellow - Oakbrook (or was it Oakwood...?)

Green - Hallam

Blue - Cavendish

Actually I'm not sure if they're right at all... But they were definitely named after something other than the blessed holies. Incidentally, was Sister Conceptor there when you were? I remember her shuffling around the halls. All us kids used to speculate that she had actually died many years previously and been used in some mummification experiment. She was one of the last of the nuns to go I think... Very old she was...

I went to a Quaker school for a while and the houses there were named after famous Quakers. Errr... Gurney? Penn, Whigmore (oh no that was her that sang Saturday Night wasn't it...?) Whipsnade...? Oh I can't remember!

I think Myers Grove was -

Canada

Australia

Ghana

India

Can anyone confirm that ? ( the brain cells are going rapidly)

I went to Myers 81-86 (Mr Hagues class) I certainly remember Ghana, the others dont ring a bell though.

My school had Griffindor, Hufflepuff, Slitherin and Ravenclaw. Kazamm!!!