Names of "houses" in Sheffield schools

Went to Firth Park Grammar,remember Beattie,Fosch and Haig,can someone tell me the 4th.

Originally posted by Cycleracer

I went to Hinde House and they had Sorby (yellow) Chantry (green) brierley (red i think) and Hunter (blue).

I was in Sorby

I don't remember Hinde House having houses when I was there, but when I was at Burngreave we had Cavendish, Devonshire, Talbot and Hardwick.

I went to Nether green in the late sixties and you are right, the kestrels did win everything. lucky me as I was one!

At Arbourthorne Middle where I went we had the following:

Mars (Red)

Mercury (Yellow)

Saturn (Blue)

Jupiter (Green)

and I was in Jupiter..the best !

In our school, we had Hanover, Tudor, Stewart, andWindsor.

Acres Hill had Norfolk (blue), Richmond (red), Weston (yellow) and Graves (green)

I was a Norfolk girl and we always came in last on sports day ... all the athletic kids seemed to be in Richmond!

:)

Originally posted by Ally68

Hinde House has already been mentioned (Sorby, Chantry, Brierley and Hunter). I was in Sorby

Concord Middle school had Sheffield parks as their themes: Millhouses (red), Endcliffe (blue), Graves (green) and Weston (yellow). I was in Millhouses

Well, Well, Well, so was I (both) 4 years earlier than you of course :thumbsup:

Originally posted by donnamon

In our school, we had Hanover, Tudor, Stewart, andWindsor.

I don't remember Windsor being the fourth, but when I was at Wath Victoria J&I School we had Hanover, Tudor and Stuart.

Can anyone remember wisewoods loxley was green yellow I think was wadsley gosh such a long time ago:wave:

Originally posted by WintersMist

I was at High Storrs and we had two houses - Smith and Stevenson. They are named after the head of houses, e.g Mr Smith and Mr Stevenson. When my mum was there I think she said there was four, catcliff or something is the only I can remember her telling me.

When I was at High Stoors in the late Seventies and early Eighties the four houses were called Carey,Catcliffe, Herring and Hoffman

At Shirecliffe Middle back in the eighties I think we had Nelson, Grenville and 2 other houses whose names I have already forgotten. They were also colour coded. Grenville was yellow if I remember rightly.

hi i went to shirecliffe junior school the teams were grenfil (yellow) kingsley(green) nelson(blue) scott(red) not sure but ithink they still have them today oh those were the days :D:thumbsup: