Names of "houses" in Sheffield schools

Yes Loopyloo I attended Charnock Hall school, it’s still there, I left sunny Sheffield in 1965 and went to Canada with my parents, but my husband and I visit Sheffield as often as we can, usually every 2 years, always a Yorkshire lass at heart,  Janet (Higgins) have a twin sisyLinda

Firth Park Grammar School was Foch,Beattie, Haig and Kings, not Raleigh as mentioned above. Certainly was these houses between 1961 and 1968

in 1940 George Mack became headmaster & new  houses were formed in cluding Spartan house which I  was in.

He also changed the school cap a navy one with a badge to a cap of two halves, one green & the other navy. I still have my moth eaten

one which we had to wear into school & going home afterwards. I wonder how many of us are left from the 1947 intake? 

Went to Whitby road houses were craven blue Hamptons yellow Ellison's red hadfield green

On 5 April 2020 at 21:39, keido said:

Firth Park Grammar School was Foch,Beattie, Haig and Kings, not Raleigh as mentioned above. Certainly was these houses between 1961 and 1968

Agreed .

I was there '62 to '67

I went to Burngreave High School in the 60's they called the houses BANK HILL MERE & WOOD Bank after Pye  bank school , Hill after Firs Hill school Mere after Ellesmere school and wood after Woodside school they picked these because all the kids from these four schools were drafted there 

Thanks 

On 29/04/2020 at 22:04, SHEFFIELD296 said:

I went to Burngreave High School in the 60's they called the houses BANK HILL MERE & WOOD Bank after Pye  bank school , Hill after Firs Hill school Mere after Ellesmere school and wood after Woodside school they picked these because all the kids from these four schools were drafted there 

Thanks 

But the nearest junior school was All Saints, so why not a SAINTS house?

6 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

But the nearest junior school was All Saints, so why not a SAINTS house?

where was the above school ?

14 hours ago, kidley said:

where was the above school ?

At the junction of Sutherland Road (now Lyons Close) and Lyons Street, behind All Saints Church (rebuilt as St Peters Church). The infants building is still there.

2 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

At the junction of Sutherland Road (now Lyons Close) and Lyons Street, behind All Saints Church (rebuilt as St Peters Church). The infants building is still there.

Jim, the buildings that are  still there on the old Sutherland Road side was part of the junior school (my last classroom there was one of them) as was the Lyons Street side. The infant's classrooms were in the middle

As for the 'houses' at Burngreave, the reason that there was no 'Saints' house was because All Saint's pupils did not go to Burngreave until 1948/49-they carried on there until 14 years of age, the school leaving age then, By 1948 Burngreave had been open 17 years and the houses had already been established. Told to me by a former pupil of All Saints who was in the first draft to go there in the late 40s.

8 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Thanks Jim, i was thinking of another All Saints, I was in the boys brigade in the church.