Names of "houses" in Sheffield schools

i went to City School, Stradbroke we had "houses" of Tudor, Lancaster, York cant remember the other one!!

Its Stewart, they still use them my kids go there

I went to Carfield and ours were Loxley, Porter, Rivlin, Sheaf

At Meynell I think there was a Grenville and was it Howard(I was in Drake which I seem to remember was red)as well as Nelson and Drake. At some time there was also birds - Griffin, Falcon and two I can't remember.

Well in 1983 - 1987, Charnock Hall Seconary School as it was known used to have and still do today I believe Brindley (Blue), Chantary (Red), Hardwick (Green) and Nightingal (Yellow).

Did everyone get house points in there schools?

Park Hill Middle School had birds of prey for houses when I went there in the mid 70s. Not sure about my other schools.

:hihi: remember my school mid 60's divided into four groups was all four saints, george,andrew,david and patrick. red, blue, yellow and green don't see it anymore though as far as i know i have six kids in two different schools and there is nothing like that in either school

I went to Nether Edge Grammar which shows how old I am. We had Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, and some other classics I forget. I was a greek. I must have been the palest skinned greek ever born.

I did my first two years at Nether Edge, and then the remainder after we moved to Abbeydale. In all my time there, the houses were Richmond (red), York (yellow), Pevril (blue), and Conisbrough (green). I wonder when they changed - and why.

maori loxley, zulu rivelin, kaffir sheaf

I was at the City Grammar 1948-54

I went to Carfield and ours were Loxley, Porter, Rivlin, Sheaf[/quote

We had these at Phillimore Road -- Loxley, Porter, Rivlin, Sheaf. with the addition of Don.

Reflecting the Industry at the time, Whitby Road School (now Greenlands) had y.Hamptons, r.Ellisons, b.Cravens and green Hadfields, as you can see we were surrounded by steel firms...cough,cough

I went to Notre Dame early nineties. The houses then were

Cavendish - Red

Hallam - Green

Firth - Blue

Oakbrook - Yellow.

Cavendish seemed to win most years. Hallam won a couple too. I was Sports Captain for Hallam for a year. (Won that year)!