Names of "houses" in Sheffield schools

I went to Norton County (now Mundella) & the the house names were;

Chantrey..blue

Ruskin....green

Graves...yellow

Mundella.red

I could only remember Chantrey(Blue) and Ruskin being Green ( I was the captain of Ruskin :D )

Couldn't remember the other 2 so thanks for that Melv

Regards CB

Carbrook Cof E I left in 1968, can anybody remmember the teacher tying John palmer to is chair because he would not stop larking about. st patrick, st george, st andrew, st who, come on someone must remmember

i went to ecclesfield comp and we had diamond, emerald, opal, topaz and sapphire i think.....correct me if im wrong!!!!

When I went to Ecco (1975 to 1980) it was Haddon, Chatsworth and 2 other stately home places that I don't remember now.

Trish

I went to Nether Edge Grammar which shows how old I am. We had Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, and some other classics I forget. I was a greek. I must have been the palest skinned greek ever born.

Hi Buck,

I was at Nether Edge about eight years after you and, when I arrived in 1950, there was a plethora of houses, eight I think, which is a lot for a roll of around 800 pupils. Four were ancient ie. Persians, Medes, Picts and Celts (I think) and four were modern ie. Irish, Scots, Welsh and Colonials. I was a colonial and our colours were brown.

During my time there a shake up took place when they changed uniform from brown to black and the houses were reduced to four, named after local castles ie. Conisborough, Peveril and two others. I was placed in Peveril and our colours were royal blue. I wonder whether this was in readiness for the move to the new premises (the new Jerusalem as the head was wont to call it).

Regards, Mike

i went to whiteways middle school and we had four houses rivelin(red) don(blue) sheaf(yellow) and loxley(green):wink:

Just remembered that my secondary school -High Storrs -in the Fifties had four houses named after Early Britons -Saxons,Picts,

Jutes and er I think Normans.

Anyone else recall their house names?

I was at High Storrs from 1945-1951. As well as the houses mentioned, there were also Franks and Trojans. There was, however, no Pict house.

At Colley Sec Modern in 1951 the houses were: Frobisher, Delius, Wilberforce, and (Forgot).

I left Dec 1954 so someone else could name the last one.

At woodseats jr we had Normans (blue) saxons (red) vikings (yellow) and romans (green), also we had prefects, which i was 1 :D

Sheffield Central Technical School. (Next to the City Grammer).

The Houses were.

Faraday (Red).

Stevenson (White)

Telford (Blue)

Bessemer (Green)

It was called Sheffield Junior Technical School when I was a pupil from 1941 to 1943. I was in Stevenson

I went to Wales High School, Kiveton Park 1983/4 and we had Warren, Mortain, Rollo and Buseli. Apparently Welsh Kings ???

Western road senior.

Bronty

Chantry

Firth

Nightingale

Bronty? :) I was in Bronte.

i went to shortbrook in the 80`s and we had barnard (blue),hilary (green),chichester (red) and armstrong (yellow).

i was in the best (barnard) we always won everything.red/green were so-so and yellow was the crappest lol.

we used to get house points for doing times table when we were 8.i got up to 19x table (doing it forward,backwards,and ramdom aloud to the teacher),so got 19 house points.

i won many *sought after* house point pens lol

lucy